faulknerpl, Home Seller in Bradenton, FL

When is the best season for selling a home in Bradenton?

Asked by faulknerpl, Bradenton, FL Thu Jun 7, 2012

Answers

6
Trish Chandler’s answer
TODAY is the best time to sell if you need to sell. If your home is under 1 Million, we actually have very little inventory on the market at the present time. Therefore, you are in a great place! I would not be too concerned with the word "season" as it is so over "used" in our industry and in our community. If I can be of assistance to you, please let me know.

Thank you.

TRISH CHANDLER, REALTOR, CDPE
MICHAEL SAUNDERS & COMPANY
941.306.9533
The best season in Bradenton is "Right Now". Unlike many areas in the country we don't have to worry about snow and harsh Winter months. We have beautiful weather all year long. However the myth is that there are better times than others to sell you home.

The truth is, like every investment, your money is made when you purchase. So if your intention is to sell and upgrade or downgrade then you should be most concerned when the right time to BUY is. There has never been a better time to buy a home. And in fact, due to the extremely low levels of inventory right now in our area it also happens to be a great time to sell. Every time I list a house there is a flood of buyers to view it.

I resently heard a story of 23 offers made on an REO property in West Bradenton. I, myself, listed a property last week and presented 3 offers to the seller yesterday.

The price point has a lot to do with the time to sell and so does the perceived value and the quality of the marketing.

However, with all that said I will tell you the slowest time is usually August through September when the kids are heading back to school. Although not much sells during that time it is still a good time to market a property due to the pending migration of the snowbirds the following month.

Marcus Vanzant
Broker/Owner
Marcus & Company Realty, LLC
http://www.Bradenton-Sarasota-RealEstate.com
(941) 586-8352 direct
The season does not matter as much as the price. If your home is priced correct for the market the property will sell in any season. If the property is overpriced then you will pass thru every season without a sale until eventually the price is lowered to market.

Shellie Young, Realtor Associate

Premier Sotheby's International Realty
546 Bay Isles Road | Longboat Key | FL | 34228
t 941.713.5458 | f 786.272.0608 |
shellie.young@sothebysrealty.com
http://www.premiersir.com | wsj.com/sothebysrealty | nytimes.com/sothebysrealty
Connect with an experienced area Realtor to not only assist you learning about the market place, your competing homes and those similar that have recently sold.... and the best season, oh my.....
there is really no good or bad season....

But there may be a time of the year when your house is showing especially well....
For some it could be in summer with the pool and deck all set up, or end of summer when
all the flowers are blooming, or fall when your surrounding trees have all kinds of colors, or
who would guess winter, snow outside it is freezing cold and your home smells apple pie and
a nice fire going in the fireplace..... hm who would not want to buy either one of these homes.

The best season when you can afford to put your home on the market at the best and most competitive price to create a lot of interest.

And I can go on for ever..... is it a bad time when the weather is really really bad, probably less people are looking around, but in general - sell when it is the right time for you and your plans
and then with the help of a Realtor do it the right way from day one....
a well price, well staged, well prepared and well marketed home will sell .......

Good Luck
If you need recommendations for local Realtors/Realtor feel free to get back to us and we will gladly recommend a good Realtor to you.
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
@Properties North Shore, covering the city of Chicago all N and NW subs and the fine homes of the Northshore, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka illinois 60093
Funny, I was just having this conversation with a Client. I know that most agents will answer based on the calendar/snowbird/touris season, but I take a different view.

The short answer is: it depends. The longer answer is this: it really depends on what is happening in the micro-market that is related specifially to the property you are considering selling. I think you would agree that the "market" for a $100,000 property in neighborhood X is far different than the "market" for a $500,000 property in neighborhood Y. And still yet different than the "market" for a $2.5 Million dollar waterfront property. The REAL question is this: what is happening in YOUR market. Your price strata. Your SIZE home. Your LOCATION. The number of sales.

If you consult with a licensed REALTOR, they can help you understand what is happening in the market that pertains to YOU. And if the indicators say that the supply and demand ratios are balanced - or better yet - tipped toward a SELLER'S market (YES, this is really happening right now!), then NOW is the best season to sell your home in Bradenton!

Real Estate gets a lot of national and international press. State statistics come out regularly. We see the county numbers of foreclosures, etc. But Real Estate is SO very specific to the property we are considering on a LOCAL level - a neighborhood level if possible, that YOUR market may be totally different from what you are reading about.

A good agent can help you price your home right.

A great agent will help you understand the market as it applies to YOU so that you really "get it" in terms of price and market position. This is a very powerful knowledge to have as a consumer!

Best of luck!

Karen Schwartz, Broker Owner
Prime Residential Brokers,Inc.
941-730-3550
KarenSellsSRQ@aol.com
There's really not a bad season for selling a home in Bradenton. Up North Spring is the optimum time but here, with our year round great weather, any time is good. Our inventory of homes is down and buyer activity is still strong. If you're thinking of selling I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and discuss how to best market your home.