Investor, Home Buyer in 36542

When is Columbia going to get the memo that there has been a housing crisis...trying to find a home but they all are overpriced AND need LOTS of TLC.

Asked by Investor, 36542 Thu Jan 3, 2013

Answers

10
Because it is a college, military, state, and federal worker oasis, the sky is the limit! College students don 't want to live in dormitories but very nice large houses with amenities. Students pull their resources of part time jobs, scholarship money, school loans, parents paying, etc. to afford 4-5 in a house even to get an inground swimming pool paying $2000-4000 a month for the most space and own yard for entertainment. Owners ask what they want to charge, and the answer is as much as we can get out of them for 4 years! All these house flippers want is to buy foreclosures cheap, use illegals to build them quickly or remodel as fast as they can to rent them out after the sell. Many realtors had been in the game until the economy fell 2007. They had to rush to sell cheap. Now it's the house investors doing it mostly. Does that show you how much value the place on families wanting to have that as a long term rental or lower cost housing that is higher cost living? These owners of these homes don't care if the homes are trashed; they'll fix them up again plus keep the deposit money of every college student living together. Just ask on USC campus. It's obvious they have no morality nor want buyers with all they can get from renting!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 13, 2014
It sounds like you haven't seen the right homes. Do you need a real estate agent to assist you. I have over 22 years experience in the Columbia area market and would be happy to assist you. Let me know. Thanks.

Delores Cooper
(803) 528-4312
(888) 880-3538 (fax)
dcoop226@aol.com
I am a SC Licensed Realtor and the answer to your question, simply depends on the area and price range. If you could share some details, I may could help you find something. There a plenty of prie selling under the appraised price and actual value. There are many variables to consider when trying to find a good bargain in Columbia, SC but there are lots of distress sales and lower pricing. I will be happy to help in anyway I can. We are a small independent Realty Company and I primarily do consulting. But, if there is anyting I ca do to help, please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Scmoonbeam
There are still a few deals. I found one recently in Forest Acres. Great schools. But I have to really work to find em. Sometimes the Fannie, Freddie, VA, HUD homes have a winner as well. Good Luck! Mike Adkins Russell and Jeffcoat Realtors 413-2516
I feel the same way. I see homes just sit there for months and even years because they are overpriced. Its kind of sad. It leads to the downfall of many neighborhoods. What is the purpose of a home just sitting there month after month not making any money. As a nurse I make OK money, but I look at homes in cities like Atlanta that offer better wages and you seem to get more house for the money. I just cant understand. Anyone care to offer any insight?
College student housing charging huge rents for places higher income families can only afford these kids use to live at home. First realtors saw investors make big money decided to do it also. They buy several houses real cheap, had illegals fix them up for less than they'd paid a contractor, sell it to rent out on separate leases each paying $500 a month + utilities + a huge deposit for 4-6 renters. These USC students pay from scholarships, loans, part-time jobs, and parents. That's why they've huge student loans staying 4-6 years. You're quite correct, Shaquanna, on your statements! Our family use to ask to rent an empty house costing banks utilities, taxes, running down neighborhood values, stealing of copper from air conditioning systems, and stealing to sell what's inside for drug money. They'd care less for what use to be peoples houses full of loves & memories.
Flag Sat Dec 13, 2014
Being a agent ,developer,investor and asset manager there are no more real steels in our market.Our market forces have brought the supply and demand in the most sought after ereas more in line than other parts of the country.
Hi - they aren't all over priced. There are still a few deals out there and sometimes they are in fantastic shape (even foreclosures), but they are getting harder to find. Your agent needs to be on the ball so they know about them the moment they are available and the buyer needs to be ready with a preapproval letter or proof of funds if cash and ready to make an offer the same day, because they sell fast. Are you buying to rent or flip? Makes a difference in the property you are searching for.

I am an Accredited Buyer's Representative, Shortsale and Foreclosure specialist and a Realtor.

Do you want a free list of foreclosures? Just e-mail me at jsmithrealtor@gmail.com or visit my website http://www.homes-columbia.com where you can search for all foreclosed homes,(and others) in the greater Columbia area for free!

Julie Smith, Realtor, ABR, SFR
803-476-6450
I help investors find amazing deals!!

Debbie
(803) 312-4691
May be you should work with an experienced Buyers Agent, a Realtor working for you and in your BEST interest, he or she will be able to do a lot of research and send you those homes that fit your
needs, the upgrades you would want and in the price range you find comfortable. This agent will also
be able to produce a market evaluation for each home you may be interested in, showing you what
similar homes have sold for in the recent past....

When looking for a home, you must be patient, especially when you are looking for the DEAL, I.E.
the best home in your view at the lowest price. But the expertise and guidance of an experienced local Realtor on your side would be tremendously helpful to you....

If you like to find out about the advantages working with a buyers Agent, e-mail me and I gladly forward you an informative right up about it.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Dear Investor,

There are many opportunities available in the greater Columbia market. I am a Financial Advisor as well as a real estate broker, and I work with numerous investors seeking properties for their specific portfolios. Please give me a call and we can discuss the type of properties that you are looking for. I also own a mobile home park and am familiar with that particular investment. You may reach me at 803-429-9305.