Market Conditions in Raleigh>Question Details

dimauroj, Both Buyer and Seller in Raleigh, NC

When I previously asked about using the same realtor for selling a home in CT and buying in Raleigh, I meant using the same real estate company. Sorry

Asked by dimauroj, Raleigh, NC Fri Jan 11, 2013

Answers

11
JANET SHER’s answer
I believe many of the agents answering your question did not clearly read your question close enough!

It is apparent that you meant using the same real estate company (franchise) you are using in Connecticut and buying through that same franchise company in Raleigh.

However, I may not be part of "the" company, but I would love the opportunity to help you here in Raleigh and search homes for you. I am a Broker/Consultant with Raleigh Cary Realty. An
experienced agent who "makes things happen" for my buyers.

You may contact me at (919) 599-7486 mobile or email janetsher@gmail.com

Let me know if I can help. In the meantime, much success and best wishes in your move to
North Carolina. I am from the New England area and have family in Connecticut.
This is strictly up to you. However, I would love to represent you as a buyer's agent and I am from New York and have family in West Port, CT.

Raleigh has been my home for many years and I have been servicing the Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Wake Forest markets for years.

If you have not made your selection in an agent, I would like the opportunity to at least be able to talk with you on what you are looking for in a home.

Feel free to check our website http://www.raleighcaryrealty.com and you may call me at
(919) 599-7486 mobile.

In the meantime, best of luck in your move to N.C.

Janet Sher
Raleigh Cary Realty
janetsher@gmail.com
If you feel comfortable with your agent in that area they can refer you to an agent here that can assist you. Otherwise you can choose an agent that you think would be a good fit for your family.
Out of complete honesty there is no perk with using the same company in different states. What you will receive is the knowledge the company has proven itself professionally but a company's performance doesn't necessarily equal an agent's performance. I am a fan of picking an agent whose skill set and core values and beliefs best match yours. Relocating to another state is equally rewarding and difficult. I truly feel that it would be in your best interest to find an agent experienced in relocations, or even better to find an agent who has personally moved from New England to NC (ahem, that would be me!).

If you need any information about neighborhoods or assistance searching for homes please let me know. I would love to help.
I've been with 3 of the largest companies in the country over my real estate career... for you, there is really no advantage to staying within a company....nothing wrong with it either, but no advantage. I know when I was relocated here from Atlanta with IBM, I had an agent from a national company down there to assist me with the sale of my home and she referred me to an agent up within the same national company here to help me find a home. The person up here was TERRIBLE!!! We ended up finding someone else here who was with an entirely different company through a local referral. There were no ramifications back down in Atlanta. To be short and sweet, the main thing is to be comfortable with whomever you work with on each end.
Hello
Using the same firm is good, we have relocation partners and can help with that process.
Michael
The most important thing is to find a Realtor and a company that you really like, someone who understands your needs, and who does a super job listing your house including 25 pictures that are excellent. That agent can recommend someone down here with the same company, or you can choose someone who appeals to you based on their responses to questions on Trulia.

I am biased so would recommend that you check out Keller Williams, rated tops in the country. If you want, I can recommend agents in your area of CT who you can interview to sell your home. Whatever happens, I wish you a speedy sale for a good price, and an easy move to NC where I am sure you'll be happy that you moved.

Vivian, aka CrazyViv
919-624-5479
That is definitely okay to use the same real estate company. Please let me know if you have any other questions (919) 880-1914.
Most good realty companies have relocation partners in ither states.

That would be great.
PhyllisWwolborsky, Broker, CRS, SFR
Yes, that would be ok. It won't be the same company most likely. It will likely be the same franchise like Remax, C21, Coldwell, etc. No problem with that.