Market Conditions in 85204>Question Details

steveolivera, Home Owner in Mesa, AZ

Whats the average days on the market in Mesa Az on $150,000 3Bd house

Asked by steveolivera, Mesa, AZ Thu Jan 10, 2013

Ryan Buckley Realtor®
Turning your Dream into an Address
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
twitter @rcoldwellbanker
3+ bedrooms properties listed under $150K are on the market on average 52 days and getting "on average" 103% of list price (closing within the past 3 months)

The same time period a year ago, same critieria was 77 days on the market and 99% of list price
This is certainly one of the best seller's markets that the Mesa market has seen in many years. At this price point, there is a lot of competition among buyers and the number of homes available under $150,000 is decreasing quickly since property values have risen dramatically in the last 12-18 months. With the parameters you listed above, you should expect to see homes going under contract within 2 weeks and closing in less than 45 days. From December 10, 2012 through today, there have been 4 homes sold sold in 85204 with 3 bedrooms under $150,000. I have included a link below so that you can look at this data yourself. The homes were on the market from 29-59 days with an average number of days of 38.75 days.…

If you are considering selling your home or buying a home, I would be happy to work with you. I have extensive recommendations on my Trulia profile and you can view this by clicking on my photo to the right. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
My Mesa listings in this price range receive approx 3-10 offers in the first few days. Many of which are cash for over asking price. If you are a financed buyer you will need help writing a strong offer to compete in today's market. You will need an experienced, full-time buyer's agent. Contact me anytime,
Dear Steve:

Homes in good conditions in certain areas of Mesa go within a week. The median home in the Phoenix metro is selling for $162K, so this $150,000 price is a very popular price range for buyers. If the home is in need of work or the lot or location have drawbacks, the time on the market will expand. However in this market most homes ares selling quickly.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart Realty
As said before by the great agents. It varies, area, condition, is it priced right etc. If you have it listed with a Realtor ask them and they should be able to answer that question without any problem.

If you are looking to list and sell a house, please use a Realtor, they are there for you and help you through a sometimes tough sale and help with legal references if needed.

Feel free to contact me

Brenda Sanford
As my colleagues already mentioned, it depends on different variables, such as neighborhood and competition. If your home is the only home on the market in your area, is well kept and in a desirable neighborhood, it can sell as fast as on the same day it is listed. If there are a number of similar homes in the proximity of yours, it depends how well your home is priced and how it compares to the competition. I have had numerous homes in Mesa sell the day they were listed. They key is to price it correctly and to do proper marketing. Here some tips to make your home appealing to prospective buyers:

- De-clutter as best as you can
- Clean it well and keep it clean during the listing period
- Freshen-up paint where needed
- Give it great curb appeal by keeping your shrubs pruned and grass cut
- Hire a good agent who will be diligent in marketing your property

Best wishes,

Amy O'Rear, REALTOR®
Direct: 480.664.9950
Mobile: 480.580.1221
Office/Fax: 602.503.4280

2680 S. Val Vista Dr, Suite 101
Gilbert, AZ 85295

If it is priced where it should it should be on the market well under 30 days. Do you have a property you are considering selling? If there are some comps you want me to run or if you would like me to come look at a place, give me a call. 480-773-5195
Great question Steve and I'm sure you are going to get a lot of different responses. It is definitely a seller's market but a lot of variables play into how long a home will be on the market. For one the neighborhood and how the comps are looking. Is it priced on the high end of the market or is it priced to sell? If the home is presented well and the comps support the listing price, then I have seen homes sell the first day on the market. But, like I said a lot of variables play into how long it takes to sell. Hope this helps. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to reach out. Take care.

David Karaffa
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage