Market Conditions in 97201>Question Details

Mwright, Home Seller in Portland, OR

What would be the expected change in price for a SW Hills home in November of 2006 and list price today?

Asked by Mwright, Portland, OR Mon Mar 23, 2009

Answers

6
Voices Member’s answer
Your best bet is to get a CMA (certified Market Analysis) done on the property. Most Real Estate Brokers have no problem performing this service free of charge without any further obligations.

A CMA takes into account your specific property details as well as the active, pending and sold listings in your neighborhood for the last 6 months.

Best of Luck!
Web Reference: http://katiecox.net/
this question was asked in 2009. The market is great right now 2013 and probably up some but it depends on the school district and price range. The lower the better if you are in Ainsworth since there are not many homes in Ainsworth under $500,000. Tom Inglesby, Broker RE/MAX Equity Group
In 2006, the average sales price of a home in SW Portland was $434,100. Today the average sales price of SW Portland is $429,800. That is approximately a change of -1%.
This is a really hard question without more information. It depends on the neighborhood and general price point. The market is virtually stalled for higher-priced homes, but attractive houses in great condition and in good school districts have not been effected as much as homes further out in the suburbs.

If you wanted to ask a Realtor, you would have already done so, so I won't recommend that. :) I guess you could look on Zillow.
Mwright,
it would, of course, totally depend on the exact location of the home! In some areas, we are back to 2006 pricing! I believe a few more details would be necessary to really assess a property, such as particular neighborhood, is it a detached home or condo, condition of the home or recent upgrades to the home in that timeframe. I'd be happy to help in more detail...
Janeese Jackson, Principal Broker
Real Estate Resource
503-709-0802
jj@janeesejackson.com
I can email you RMLS stats for each period if you'd like, just let me know. It looks as though there is a YTD change of -1.3% in home values for zip 97201. However, for the entire period you are inquiring about I believe the change is around -3.3%.