harleyxxx, Home Seller in Arlington, VA

What were average sales prices of homes in the Country Club Hills section of Arlington in late 1986?

Asked by harleyxxx, Arlington, VA Fri Mar 29, 2013

I'm looking for fair market value of a home my family inherited in 1986 in order to provide it to the IRS but am out of state and have no quick way to get this info before taxes are due in 3 weeks.

Answers

3
According to a quick tax record search that I just conducted, the average home sale price in Country Club Hills for the year ending 1986 would have been appx $318,000
If I am reading your question correctly, you just need an average of all homes sold, not the specific sale price of the home that your family inherited at that time. As another respondent said, I can look up the specific sale price of the home in question if you provide an address.

If you would like or need the report I pulled with additional detail, please feel free to email me at: pbell@mcenearney.com or pegbell.realtor@gmail.com
Hello Harley,
I will be glad to research that for you, but I need the following information,
1) what is address of the property?
2) Is there any major changes to the property since 1986?
2) What is the purpose of this research, I know that it was inherited property, did you sell the property or do you want to sell the property?
Also, you can reach me at my direct phone or email

(703)628-9343
alkurd@nvre.net
Happy to help!

I can pull tax data for you if you give me the exact address. It usually shows what the purchase price was that they paid for it. You can email it to me at jamiedesimone@gmail.com

Otherwise, it's hard to pull data from that far back as the MLS hasn't been around that long.

Cheers,
Jamie
Thank you for your reply. I was able to get the tax assessment from the clerk in the Land Records office but needed to know the Fair Market Value for IRS purposes this year. The basis of the approximate price at the time of inheritance has significant impact on how much the IRS expects to take. So the last purchase price prior to 1986 was in 1957...not too useful for modern purposes.
Flag Mon Apr 1, 2013