Market Conditions in Oakland>Question Details

Chopper Russo, Real Estate Pro in Oakland, NJ

What social media outlets are you most comfortable using? What sites do you think drive the most business for leads as A Real Estate professional?

Asked by Chopper Russo, Oakland, NJ Thu Jan 12, 2012

Answers

11
Thomas,
Great questions.
For entertainment and comfort purposes I find Trulia to be an outstanding recreational outlet.

Your other question...the one about generating business, will be as varied as the real estate industry. The one that works for each agent will be precisely the one in which they invest in, be it their passion and interest or their money.

I believe real estate is a local business. I invest locally. I go where there is an abundance of heart beats. I participate where ever a home owner may appear. But, I never occupy space without providing value. VBM is what keeps everyone looking forward to the next meeting and remembering the last one.

I use grass root outlets to drive traffic to my web site(s). Of course using the big net allows me to get that home owner shivering in North Dakota to find me in Florida. The REAL buyer, however, will be referred to me by the North Dakota real estate professional in whose database I appear. That has truly been a magical part of the ReMax enterprise.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 13, 2012
I focus where I want my traffic heading...towards my website. So all advertising, including social media, is placed to accomplish this goal. It creates more synergy and helps my SEO, and for a new website this is vital.
I think any site or blogging efforts that increase your SEO and therefore rankings on search engines is well worth the effort. I've gotten business from facebook - but I see that more as a function of networking within my sphere - everyone who knows me knows I'm an agent. Paying attention to them keeps me top of mind. I do NOT advertise on my personal face book page but I do celebrate my successes.
Thomas,

Good question and I'm interested in the answers of others too. Facebook is #1 social media outlet that has brought me business. Not necessarily from my business pages on Facebook but my personal page where I tend to put a few real estate items on but don't overload it (that's what my business pages are for).

Looking forward to other responses.
Facebook by far. That and blogging.
What I suggest my clients is this: look at all the social media outlets as just tools - as they in fact are. Any and all of them can produce results if done right, but not everyone likes to be in a video, or feel comfortable writing, or sharing their day activities and thought with gazillion people they do not know. Important thing is to find one or two outlets you could see yourself enjoy using and then learn everything you can about doing it the right way - or just hire someone who can do it for you (hint: we can :) hehehe)...and the results will come, no matter the industry.
Hey "Chopper" great blogs! Linkedin- has been the best source of leads for me. I'm active on both Facebook and Google+ as well as many others and have had success with them all in terms of qualified business coming from my activity however I've had the most success w LinkedIn. Good Luck.
Dianna
I think Facebook has become more opportunistic for agents than their personal websites. Yes, i'm sure there are agents with very successful personal sites but with most Facebook users having over 100 "friends" the constant interaction allows an agent to be aware and involved on a personal level while periodically plugging their availability and skill as the local real estate option...
Hello Thomas
I have great success from facebook! Such a great site.
Heather
Thanks for all the responses. Its great to connect with all of you.
I am having some success with leads from my own company website, Coldwell Banker. I have yet to see much reaction from the social media outlets.