Market Conditions in Boise>Question Details

Rushang Shah, Both Buyer and Seller in Portland, OR

What's the rental market like in Boise? Are rents stagnant, or moving (up or down)?

Asked by Rushang Shah, Portland, OR Thu Jan 17, 2008

Answers

3
Make sure your getting your rental comps from a reliable source. I typically utilize several property management companies to bid the rents on a given property and knock off 1 to 2% before presenting the numbers to my clients. I also look at every property and run the numbers i.e. caprate, dscr, vacancy, reserves, depreciation, marketing, etc... It's a business so you have to work with a team that takes these factors into account especially being out of state.
Rushang,

We are still seeing price appreciation in the Boise area. Many buyers have decided to rent instead because they have been priced out of the market. Rental prices should see increase over the next year. Vacancy rate is relatively low compared the national average. And you're right there are plenty of opportunities where your rental properties will cash flow.
Looking to buy an investment property. My figures and research are showing a number of opportunities that cash flow in the landlords favor.

What was the DOM (days on market) for the rental before you found your new tenant?