Market Conditions in 95628>Question Details

griv, Both Buyer and Seller in 95628

What's the average days on market for a normal sale, $525k home in Fair Oaks, CA. 95628.

Asked by griv, 95628 Tue Mar 19, 2013

I know your home Griv. Time of market can be affected by the price. Your best comp is 4800 Hangar Ct and that house was simply eye candy with stamped concrete, incredible upgrades inside and single story which is sometimes very important because homeowners trading up or looking for retirement typically like the single story model.

Your agent has some great photos on the MLS, your homes curb appeal is great as well. You may just be a little outside of the price range buyers are looking for in that area.

How has the feedback been so far? Any offers at all? I see you reduced your price a bit but you may have to entertain another price reduction. Just FYI, most homes in that price range sold in 3-8 days with one taking 95 days. 67 days on the market just might be an indication you are outside of the price ranges as the house looks great and your agent seems to have taken some great photos. Maybe enhance the marketing description to include more of the features of the home , the granite countertops, the flooring, the greenhouse and garden area all are great features to include in the marketing description.

You seem to have good access instructions. These are all indicators that it must be price.

Best of luck in your home sale

Bruce Slaton
Realty World eCurb REALTORS
Lic # 01305148
Hi Griv,

Keisha and Bruce have already answered your question with the stats. The house is indeed beautiful and the pictures are great. A couple of issues that could be affecting the time on the market with the price you have are the stairs, steep driveway, and tri-level for the less than young people who may be looking in Fair Oaks. Another may be the proximity to Players and Carmelita's and the parking issues, and the third could be the noise from Sunrise.

Your home is a special home that won't appeal to all buyers, but someone will fall in love with it. I've sold a couple of homes in your neighborhood that actually backed to Sunrise Blvd. Good luck!

Michelle Lehman, Broker Associate
Century 21 Noel David Realty
DRE License#00779645
I saw your home as well and I agree completely with Bruce. A proper price adjustment and you will get it sold asap, possibly above the adjusted price if it is competitively adjusted.

The average DOM (days on market) in that price range is approximately 46 days.

Let me know if you require any further info, happy to assist.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
"SAR Masters Club Member 2012"
Mathews & Co. Realty Group
@ Century 21 Landmark Network
(916) 370-1803 cell
lic#: 01439130