AB, Home Buyer in Hercules, CA

What's the Fair Market Value for homes in Hercules, CA?

Asked by AB, Hercules, CA Fri Jul 6, 2012

Answers

5
Thanks All,

I do i have realtor already, but just wanted to do my own research as well. I will definately leave it up to my realtor to keep me informed. I wanted to get a better understading on how these things work prior to meeting with the realtor so i can grasp the concept more when they do explain the process to me. Once again thanks for all your feedback.
if you have something in mind,
or even if you don't;
call Mike Rowland at Windermere Rowland Realty
510-222-9150
or e-mail at; mikerowland@windermere.com

Good luck and may God bless
If you are a buyer I strongly suggest that you connect with a local REaltor to assist you and to answer all your questions...
Please read on to find out why this is a really good idea:

I am not a Real Estate Broker from your area of interest, but when I see a question like yours, then I always wonder why a Buyer anywhere is not working with an experienced local Realtor, a Buyers Agent, one who will work on behalf and in the very BEST interest of the Buyer, not only finding the properties, showing them, but also getting the Buyers pre-approved by a lender, so that they will buy within their limits and comfort zone, but there are so many details to pay attention to like the various terms of the offer, negotiations with the Seller, earnest moneys, inspection, appraisal issues, walk thru, estimates for repairs, market analysis for a property so that it will be a competitive offer and sooooo much more.

Buyers Agents are usually if the property is listed on the multiple listing services i.e. listed by a real estate company/brokerage paid by the Seller's side at the closing out of the Seller's proceeds, i.e.
the Buyers Agents services are free to you the Buyer, but your commitment and loyalty to one Buyers Agent will be required....

Give this some thought, as the questions you asked are concerned, your Buyers Agent will be able to get you all the answers, and more than that also what the assessments cover, as this is different for each condo, pets allowed or not etc. etc.
DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR OWN …. FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION…….
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
It will depend on details about the property, compared to comparables in the area. When looking for comps, we have these criteria

1. homes in the immediate area --- if the area is dense enough, you may be able to look for homes within a 1/4 mile
2. similar style --- e.g. contemporary homes are compared with other contemporary homes; condos with condos, etc
3 size of home----e.g., 2000 sq ft home with homes similar in size -- and not compared with a 1000 sq ft or 3000 sq ft home
4. age of home ---- e.g., don't compare an older home with a brand new one
5. when homes sold --- usually within 3-6 month time period
6. factor in differences between a regular sale and one sold as short sale or bank-owned
7. condition of property --- don't compare a highly upgraded home with a fixer upper

Engage an experienced realtor to help you research this information, as well as help you find a suitable home, guide you when writing an offer, negotiate on your behalf, etc.
All homes will be different. You will need a Realtor to work up fair market value for the home in question.