Market Conditions in Albany>Question Details

Steveandjoan, Home Buyer in St.Peterrsburg, FL

What's it like in Albany GA???

Asked by Steveandjoan, St.Peterrsburg, FL Sun Aug 24, 2008

I know everyone who lives or sells real estate there will love it. But really, what are the downsides to the City and how are the overall business markets there - especially the housing market there. Are the deal really good values for the money spent?? Help please, your honest answers are welcome and valued.

Answers

3
Ok so I have lived in Albany twice. The first tme was 8 months and I had to get out. Then this time I am here and I got pregnant again and now I can't leave until I have the baby. I am counting down the days until I can leave. We moved here because there were all kinds of jobs and now there are none. Cooper tire is going out of business and circuit city is going out of business. Everyone is severely racist. And its not like its just the whites because it is the blacks, the mexicans, and everything in between. No Jobs, nothing to do, and it is filthy here. So you decide. Good or not. I am moving in april if I can!!!
This city sucks. It's gross; there's nothing to do; it was once the murder capital of America: it's just a giant ghetto. Everyone's racist. Once you're there you are stuck for a long time. Unless you happen to be one of the few people with money...or daddy's money. I seriously hope you are not considering moving there, because I will tell you, it is the worst town I've ever lived in. I hate it so much. Every time I have to go back for a visit I feel like crying because it's such a disgusting little place.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 17, 2008
I have read the answers to this question and I am so sad by the responses! Albany is a great place to live. Every city has it's positives and negatives, but any city is only as good as you give it a chance to be! Cost of Living is great, we have everything you need to live a happy and successful life you just have to be willing to give a new place a chance! If you are interested in moving to Albany, give me a call! ALBANY IS AWESOME!