Market Conditions in Chicago>Question Details

Kenan Jue, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA

What online resources do you use to follow the Chicago real estate market and general news?

Asked by Kenan Jue, San Francisco, CA Thu Oct 24, 2013

Answers

14
Crains, Realtormag updates, Chicago Agent, NAR newsletters, REASS, curbed, cribchatter, all local paper newsletters. cnn, google alert.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Check out KoenigStrey.com. The site gives some really good information.
Flag Thu Oct 24, 2013
Crain's for business and real estate news, also Illinois Association of Realtors,Chicago realtor magazine,local news sites(Chicago Tribune,ABC news).I can definitely help you out finding a place here and connect you with mortgage brokers and contractors for all your remodeling projects.Don't hesitate to call/text 773-392-2638
I find the best resource for the Chicago market is the daily Crain's online alerts. It keeps you informed of who is buying and selling real estate in Chicago, which lenders are foreclosing on properties and it announces all new developments. I also get business ideas from many of the articles. I also find the Wall Street Journal very helpful, especially the Friday edition that focuses on real estate. Chicago Social advertises is goof for their review of high end properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 18, 2013
Kenan,

Definitely follow Crain's. What are you trying to accomplish?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 25, 2013
I manage Chicago for Trulia Rentals and wanted to see what Pros use out there. Thank you!
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013
Your source for local industry news and information should be the best and most respected source: NAR.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
You are located in San Fran, and your question is about Chicago...
My question back at you, are you intending to move to Chicago and wonder where you can get
real estate market information .... I am not sure what you are after, i.e. what you need to find out or
know. If you could be a bit more specific, it would be easier for us to guide you into the right direction.
As Realtors we get our market information from a great number of different sources and resources.
So it all depends what you need and why Chicago... are you moving here, then you should connect
with a local Realtor who will be able to answer all of your concerns and questions.....

But your reasons may be different...
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Crains Chicago Business is an excellent source of info
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
I also follow Crain's for real estate news but agree that it's extremely commercial focused. I get a ton of news feeds from a wide range of sources...some good, some not. Trulia is sending a lot, but please don't send more. Once a day is enough! The most valuable ones have several stories on the front page.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Cnn money and abc news ..they are very honest in the housing market and neutral
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Crains online is good - but swings toward commercial. Illinois Assocation of Realtors provides excellent information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 24, 2013
Crains & NAR. NAR has te best stats and surveys, especially related to local markets.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Tribune.com, http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/ (crain's) are the two that I look at the most. If you have a tablet and a news app, you can draw from multiple real estate related news sites in Chicago and have the headlines all appear in one place. I do this with my Windows Suface tablet through the news app.
One I Like that most people seem to over look is yochicago.com