Market Conditions in Pearl>Question Details

Jules, Other/Just Looking in Portland, OR

What new amenities, in the near future, will make the Pearl District an undeniable place to live?

Asked by Jules, Portland, OR Fri May 9, 2008

Answers

3
Brian Ramsay’s answer
Hi Jules,

The Pearl District already a pretty great urban environment, but just as you thought it couldn't get better...

The Deschutes Brewery opened last week and seems to be the busiest place in town lately. I've tried the food and its pretty good (I recommend the fish and chips). The space is really great and represents the warehouse feel that we all have come to enjoy here. Plus its a pub you can go with a group of friends from any side of town or city and everyone will have a good time (its on Davis and NW 11th)

Of Course there is plenty of new housing options including The Metropolitan, The Casey, The 937 (which is looking pretty cool as they just unveiled the red glass on the decks today) and The Wyatt apartments.

The Pearl District Design Center is opening new studios each month on the north end of the district. Take a walk down 14th Ave, not many Pearlites go down that far, but its a pretty cool area. The entire area is for architecture, furniture, interior design and Art.

There is a new service in town that we have fallen in love with called Doston James Concierge Service.
For a totally reasonable price you can get a personal assistant to help with errands, fresh cut flowers in your house weekly, someone to drive you to the airport (or pretty much anywhere), a chef that comes to the house and makes a perfect after work feast and I have to admit they have the best personal trainer/nutritionist in town. I just checked http://www.dostonjames.com, its just one page but has a phone number.

Not to mention the Farmers Market, First Thursday, and you could always ride the train in fareless square all you want.

Best of Luck,
Brian Ramsay
Realty Trust Group Inc
Principal Broker
Web Reference: http://www.oregonstyle.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 9, 2008
The Pearl District only has so much space. That is the difference between the pearl and say....the south waterfront. The pearl district has been planned for the past 10yearrs or so and the development is actually almost finished. When they building stops because there is no where left to build, prices will increase. And with gas at a premium I think we will see the opposite of the 50's era consume us. Most folks will want to live within walking distance of work, max, groceries, restaurants, entertaiment & parks. The Pearl has it all.
Hi Jules,
Brian already gave you a great list to start, so I don't want to rehash what he already said, but you can not forget the the parks or the more family centered development that is happening n the area either. The Pearl is not just for hip, single urbanites anymore. Check Neighborhood Notes to see all the community events that are going going.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008