Market Conditions in Prosper>Question Details

Nancy Schaan, Home Seller in 75078

What is your best guess on where the Prosper, Tx market is going in the next 6 months?

Asked by Nancy Schaan, 75078 Tue Sep 22, 2009

I was recently searching for a home in Prosper for my client and based on the low inventory of new construction, he had to do a build job (from the ground up). Within the next six months, I see Prosper continuing to grow, but as we know, the real estate market usually slows down during the fall and winter months, so I would not suspect any significant growth during that time.
Having visited the Prosper area, I have found that there are great homes and within about 10 miles, the shopping experience is quite dramatic. I like that the malls are not too far and the short drive is well worth the trip.

Kathy Hines/ Broker As.
Keller Williams
Ah, if only we could accuratelly predict the future... if we could then we'd all be quite worry free. Unfortunately, even economists views vary. Generally speaking, the Collin County area is far better off than much of the nation. I'd like to believe that this will continue to be true; however, only time will tell.
Hi Nancy,
Since we've actually met, I delayed answering to let some other opinions come forward. However, as I suspected, I am, at times, a lone wolf out here in Prosper on - which does not disappoint me in the least. I know that is changing, and as more agents discover, you'll see the answers picking up.

If 2009 has been any indication, our trajectory is only upwards. We are currently experiencing balanced market conditions in the resale sector, our builder inventory is at it's lowest point in two years, new build jobs are underway, new commercial growth is happening and in the planning stages all over town, our residential lease market is in so much demand that we're in multiple offer situations in many cases, and our schools have a fantastic reputation and the scores to deserve it. The 4th and 1st quarters of any year are typically strong in the North Dallas suburbs - primarily because of the major corporations of our area. The end of one fiscal budget and the beginning of a new one means funds are released and corporate relocations happen. We've seen a steady improvement in our housing market all of 2009, and it's a quantum leap improvement from where we were just one year ago.

With the luxury market, we see a strong desire by the buyer pool to build a home. There is plenty of land and a myriad of excellent home builders from which to choose. They come in with lots of ideas on how they want their home to be, and they have the funds to make it happen. Resale homes in the luxury markets really have to step up to a higher level of exposure for the home listing, and also have or add unique elements to the home to make it stand out in the minds of the buyers. A luxury home that looks like a production home is not going to be popular.

If I were to say anything were new about the housing market in Prosper in 2009, this has been the year that Prosper, Texas first discovered I've tried to be a big part of that effort through my blog on since Fall, 2008. This will continue to bring us new attention in 2010, and I will keep up my efforts to attract buyers to our area.

Have a blessed day.

Ronda Allen-Realtor and Certified Purchasing Manager
CEO of
Prosper Resident Realtor
Keith Dobbs Team at RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
#3 Team and #1 Office for RE/MAX in the North Texas region at mid-year 2009!