Nahed, Home Buyer in Rockville, MD

What is the value of a 2 bedroom townhouse on Azalea DR?

Asked by Nahed, Rockville, MD Tue May 29, 2012

Answers

6
I bid 1 dollar ("Price is Right" rules apply).
I lived on Azalea Drive and grew up in Rockville so I know the neighborhood. Values are increasing so recent sales go by the wayside somewhat. An appraisal would be a true valuation of the property and also dependent upon the home's condition.

Christine
Hello Nahed,

Prices vary from subdivision to subdivision, wether a short sale, foreclosure or regular sale. Condition, upgrades, square footage and location play a major price role in the equation, the view from the lot in question and many other reasons. It is always wise to talk to RE agent that is full time and works that particular
neighborhood.
Hi Nahed,

The Nelson St. home did not show up in my origional sold search. This home was on the market for 80 days before the home went under contract, the primary reason is the home is located on a main
road (Nelson St.). Homes for sale on high traffic area's or main communter routes will sell for much less than homes located on streets off the main roads.

Also I would not call the home updated, with just full bath combined with the commuter route location the sales price of $236,000 and 80 days to place the home under-contract was predictable results.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
Thanks, do you know why the 2 bedroom located at 1007 Nelson street was sold only to $236000?
There have been 2 settlements of 2 bedroom townhomes in the Regent Square subdivision Azalea drive is located in. One 2 bedroom settled at $249,000 and the 2nd townhome settled at $256,000.

The 3 bedroom townhomes have settled for $270,000 to $334,000. This wide range of value relates to whether the townhome had 1 full bath or 2 full bath. The sole end unit sold for $334,000.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group