Market Conditions in Ellijay>Question Details

Angels, Home Buyer in Satellite Beach, FL

What is the trend in Ellijay, specifically Coossawattee River resort?

Asked by Angels, Satellite Beach, FL Sun Apr 6, 2008

Answers

2
Judy Aselton’s answer
Coosawattee RR is still a destimation for many people. Houses are selling still, but prices are coming down. Good builders are still building because they are still selling. Lot prices are probably more negotiable than before as there is still a lot of inventory available.

Judy Aselton, Ellijay/CherryLog, Ga.
I find the resort remains popular with most home buyers, especially ones that are from Florida. I agree that sales have slowed down in regards to lots as well as the construction of new homes. The resort seems to appeal to so many due to the many features it offers. Not only are you able to access the Coosawattee River but the many amenities including an indoor pool and workout room, are the perfect answer for those that want to spend quality time with family on their vacation getaways. The fact that the 7500 acres is gated seems to add the extra sense of security for so many people that live out of state and don't want to worry that their second home will be safe while they are away. All in all I still believe that the resort offers one of the best bangs for your buck in Gilmer as well as adjoining counties.

Carolyn Nungesser
The Real Estate Connection
706-669-9347