Market Conditions in Ellijay>Question Details

Angels, Home Buyer in Satellite Beach, FL

What is the trend in Ellijay, specifically Coossawattee River resort?

Asked by Angels, Satellite Beach, FL Sun Apr 6, 2008

Answers

3
Judy Aselton’s answer
Coosawattee RR is still a destimation for many people. Houses are selling still, but prices are coming down. Good builders are still building because they are still selling. Lot prices are probably more negotiable than before as there is still a lot of inventory available.

Judy Aselton, Ellijay/CherryLog, Ga.
Hey Angels,

After taking a look at the numbers for the Coosawattee Resort, it appears that things are not really changing a whole bunch. While some months have dipped below the previous month, it always seems to bounce right back. Having said that, everything avaerages out to very little change as far as the real estate side of the question is concerned, which I think that is what you were aking about. Below you will find some statistics that I pulled from our local MLS only, so that you and others interested will be able to see exactly what is going on.

-CLOSED SALES-

October -10 Sales
Average Sales Price $185,175
(Days On Market) DOM - 102

November - 9 Sales
Avg Sales Price $167,489
DOM - 108

December - 10 Sales
Avg Sales Price $175,250
DOM - 126

January - 7 Sales
Avg Sales Price $ 206,553
DOM - 203

February - 6 Sales
Avg Sales Price $ 176,250
DOM - 101

March - 10 Sales
Avg Sales Price $ 170,269
DOM - 113

So as you can see, it has experienced some significant highs and lows, however overall it comes close to being a wash. I hope I have been able to help out a little.

Make it an AWESOME day!

Chad
I find the resort remains popular with most home buyers, especially ones that are from Florida. I agree that sales have slowed down in regards to lots as well as the construction of new homes. The resort seems to appeal to so many due to the many features it offers. Not only are you able to access the Coosawattee River but the many amenities including an indoor pool and workout room, are the perfect answer for those that want to spend quality time with family on their vacation getaways. The fact that the 7500 acres is gated seems to add the extra sense of security for so many people that live out of state and don't want to worry that their second home will be safe while they are away. All in all I still believe that the resort offers one of the best bangs for your buck in Gilmer as well as adjoining counties.

Carolyn Nungesser
The Real Estate Connection
706-669-9347