Market Conditions in 82414>Question Details

John, Home Owner in 82414

What is the trend in Cody for home sales and pricees?

Asked by John, 82414 Mon Sep 26, 2011

What is home sale trend in Cody?

Answers

2
As a long time resident of the Cody area, I can tell you why homes seem over priced here. It is because the people who live here don't HAVE to live here, we're here because we WANT to be. I mean, there isn't any big industry here, no factories, no refineries, not much of anything other than tourism. Our population is mainly retired and have moved here from cities to enjoy a slower pace of life, quiet neighborhoods, or perhaps country living. Where they can take a walk on the streets after dark and not be concerned about being accosted and mugged, where they can sit in their porch swing and enjoy a quiet evening, or hear birdsong in the morning while watching the sun rise. A place where they can drive 5 miles from town and wander hundreds of miles of public land, ride their horses or ATV's, or go hiking in the mountains. Where they can catch a rainbow on a fishing line.
For this kind of quality of life, you pay a little more to live here.
When you're ready to live this life, give me a call! I'll get you hooked up. ;-)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 18, 2014
i've found. most of the homes for sale in cody, wy. are way over priced for what you get,! most 3bd. only have 1bath rm. and built in the 90s???, hard to comprehend they'd do that. also alot of them ruin the value by converting the garage to living space, ,,, looked at some 1950s built homes same thing, asking price is way up there.,and they don't expect to drop the price even on some thats been listed 9 to 12months...i've been looking for a few months now... no luck yet. i'm not willing to pay 150,000, for something thats worth about 135,000. you'd have to spend thousands of dollars to bring it up to date, even the rent is over priced... !!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
I think it depends on what you're used to and where you're from. I'm from the suburbs of Philadelphia, and the home prices I've seen...considering the size of the homes/land acreage and the views.....some of these seem like an absolute steal compared to homes of similar size out here.
Flag Thu Aug 21, 2014