John, Home Buyer in Smoke

What is the trend in Arlington Heights. 60005 or 60004 long term forecast. We are coming from the Detroit

Asked by John, Smoke Mon May 19, 2008

area and are looking at this area. What is the average a house is on the market and what % of the asking price are they selling for.
Thanks.

Answers

5
John-

According to our MLS as of May 19, 2008:

There are currently 481 Active single family homes on the market in Arlington Heights with an average of 171 days and average list price of $529,109.

Of the properties that have sold in the past 4 months, there were a total of 68 single family homes with an average market time of 190 days and average sales price of $416,342 and a 95% List to Sales Ratio.

As you can see by this information Arlington Heights has a lot of inventory...at this pace (68 in 4 months) is just about 210 single family homes per year. Once we work through the inventory we will hopefully see a more normal market.

I hope this information helps.
John, I personally grew up in this area near 53 and Palatine Rd. People with kids flock to the area for the school district and there is plenty to do. You are close to the woodfield mall and all major Chicagoland highways.

Sean O. McGeehan, Mortgage Loan Officer
1500 Eisenhower Ln, Ste 200
Lisle, IL 60532
Phone 847-613-7843
Fax 847-728-5291
John, I appreciate your questions, but to accurately answer your question I would first have to get info from you. To know what you want, condo/home, what your price point is, and what specs you need a home to have would allow me to give you accurate personalized info.

Please feel free to contact me @ Rick@Shadid.org and I will make sure to get any and all pertininent info you need.
Web Reference: http://www.rickshadid.com
Hi John,

The immediate trend, is to see continued downward pressure on home values throughout the Chicago Area including Arlington Heights and surrounding areas. In past years during stronger Real Estate markets, Arlington Heights appreciated well. It's proximity to O'hare (20 min), major expressways, located along the Metra Trainline (35-40min to Chicago), a real small town feel, and excellent schools have made Arlington Heights a popular choice (along with other areas) to live.

Presently, the average market time in Arlington Hts is 126 days, with homes selling on average about 94% of final listing price.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions or help you find a home in Arlington Hts or other areas you are considering.
David Jaffe
847-275-5528
Arlington Heights area is a very convenient area which you can live in a condo with a city life in down town Arlington Heights yet with a relaxing life in suburb single family home. It only takes 35-40 minutes form train station in down town Arlington Heights to Chicago Union station. Numerous shopping plazas locate in Arlington Heights down town and Palatine and Rand road intersection. Ann Taylor, Starbucks, movie theater, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Tai, Italian cuisine make Arlington Heights sophisticated. Single houses in Arlington Heights range from 300,000 to 700,000. Median price is around 399,000 with three bedrooms, two and half bath, and two-car garage. Email me if you would like more details: chiusilvia@yahoo.com. I am Licensed Realtor in Illinois.