Astrid Zajac, Real Estate Pro in Schaumburg, IL

What is the trend for home values in Hollywood Lakes, FL in the next few (3)years?

Asked by Astrid Zajac, Schaumburg, IL Tue Jul 21, 2009

Unfortunately, nobody can predict the trend for home values in the Hollywood Lakes, FL area especially in the next three years. However, the property values have been escalating in the Lakes area and hopefully will continue in the future.

Kathryn Kramer
First Service Realty
Phone 954-298-8544
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 4, 2013
I used to live in Glenview ! I miss Chicago even though I've lived here 11 yrs. I live close to Hollywood Lakes...of course, Hollywood Lakes has been hit like the rest of the market, but for the most part, that enclave is safer than the rest...mostly because the majority of the residences there have lived there for a very long time b4 the boom; there is high demand for Hollywood Lakes because of its "it" factor, but also because it's close to cultural activities at Arts Park, dt Hollywood, and the beach...especially now that Margaritaville is coming to the Broadwalk. Also, for the most part, the people who bought in the market had $...that being said, there are those who over extended to be in HL, and now they're in foreclosure, so there are some good deals there now. And, now that the Beachside Montessouri Charter School is being built close to there, it's even more in demand.

Let me know if you have a client you want to refer or if I can be of further service. I would love to work w a fellow Chicagoan...did you try that huge Asian buffet there?'s owned by my gf's uncle fr LA.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 14, 2010

Michael Auguste

Real Living First Service Realty
REALTOR Associate
3319 Sheridan Street
Hollywood, FL 33021
Web Reference:
At least seven years of a continuing very soft market.

There are myriad unlisted properties in the active pipeline: estates, investors, sellers who would move or trade down if they could, those fractured by the recession. existing unsold developer inventory, and the many properties now in foreclosure or on which a lis pendens had been filed (or will be as time passes.). In 2002 and 2003, the average owner-hold of a residential property in Borward County was 5 years (per County Appraiser), two years less/faster than the national average. The Hollywood Lakes' ca.1200-home 14021401 appraisal district (about a third of the neighborhood) has averaged fewer than 40 qualified sales in each of the last three years; if that rate were to continue, the average hold would be stretched to 30 years.

The real question is whether employment in the area will improve, and improve significantly. The South Florida economy is built on tourism, relocation from other states (especially retirees), and real estate development. Those three growth-forces waned after Hurricane Wilma and Katrina in 2005 and much moreso after the beginning of the Bush recession. Unless/until economic conditions improve (or mortgage lenders once again become criminally careless), there will no improvement in sight.
Now THAT is the million dollar question. What will the economy be in 3 years? The press got it wrong the first time around...
The trend will be dictated by sales activity of comparable properties. Check to see how many foreclosures there are in the area, and what properties have been selling at to give you an idea of what the next 6 months will look like. Good luck and I hope this helps!!