Market Conditions in Austin>Question Details

Adriana, Home Seller in Austin, TX

What is the trend for Zip Code 78759 (Great Hills)?

Asked by Adriana, Austin, TX Sun Aug 3, 2008

Answers

5
That there be ole school money. Lots of people are buying and modernizing. Many people in that area don't have mortgages either.

Talk to Mary Beth Selden at mselden@austin.rr.com to get the scoop. She can tell you all the gossip too.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
This zip code includes some prime Austin real estate: Great Hills, Northwest Hills etc. The schools are excellent and the neighborhoods are close enough to downtown to provide a short commute. The terrain in the area is wonderful and hilly, which allows for some homes with tremendous views. The lots can be larger than average, over .25 of an acre. Most of these homes have more mature trees in the landscape because of the age of the development.

I lived in Northwest Hills for several years and totally loved it. I feel this is a very strong area to buy in for long term investment. They are not creating any more land close to downtown, so this is a pretty safe bet. The homes in the '59 tend to be built in the 70s-80s, sometimes you can find a newer home. Some have been updated some not. So you have lots of choices. There is great shopping in every direction: The Domain, The Arboretum, and to the south Davenport Village.

If I can be of service, please drop by my website and get my number. I would be happy to help you with your next home purchase or sale in the '59.
Betina
Andriana,

The area within ZIP Code 78759 is a central location within the Austin Metro area. It has major roadways crossing through the area such as: 183, Mopac (loop 1) and Capital of Texas Highway (360). This makes it ideal for major growth and apprecitation. Following are some major statistics about this area that are presumed to be reliable but not guaranteed::
Population 39,693
Population Growth since 2000 5%
Number of Households 19,846
Average Household size 1.99
Median Home Price $261,573
Median Dwelling Age 14
Annual Residential Tournover 3,088
Median Income $74,019
Average Income $86,890
Median Household Networth $196,946
Average Household Networth $660,945
Average Total Household Expediture $63,511

If you have any additional questions or need further assitance, please feel free use my WEB site and/or contact me at your convenience by clicking onto contact information on my home page.
Adriana:

Hello and congratulations for considering Great Hills! This is an excellent community that has a lot to offer home owners:
-great schools (some AISD and some RRISD)
-excellent accessibility to major commuting options
-outstanding shopping with the Arboretum and Domain shopping centers close
-great grocery stores close by
-great hills has a country club with excellent swim club
-has more than 10 sections considered to be great hills
-spans both areas 1A and 1N for Real Estate Areas in austin
-many areas have some excellent views!

Now for the details:
-Currently 38 Homes on the market
-Prices from $309,000 to $1,125,000
-Six homes waiting to close
-There have been 41 homes sold since January 01, 2008 with Great Hills as the Subdivision
-The prices range from $376,000 to $698,400 for the homes that have sold in this range

Please let me know if I can provide any further information. I would love to help!

Ritch Haenke, Realtors
Coldwell Banker, United Realtors
512.633.3909
rhaenke@sbcglobal.net
Only positive! Having just closed on 2 listings in Great Hills, both of which sold in under 30 days! Depending on the condition of your home of course, the prices are stable with hardly any squabbling by buyers over the price, and the demand is high. We have had a great July, and August is starting out well. Let me know if you would like to get an opinion on the current value of your home, and what may need to be done to make sure that you get top dollar.

thanks.

Mark Martin
Broker
Capital GMAC Properties
512.694.9601