Market Conditions in 78728>Question Details

Jamie, Home Seller in Austin, TX

What is the trend for 78728?

Asked by Jamie, Austin, TX Wed Oct 3, 2007

In particular, there are some great neighborhoods off of Wells Branch. Centrally located between MOPAC and 35.... ??

Answers

7
There are great neighborhoods in the Wells Branch area. Accessible to downtown and major roadways, plus being the last exit before the tollway is equally great when you want to avoid getting on it and when you want to use it - having several good options when it comes to accessibility to and from a neighborhood is always a big plus for resale! Overall appreciation for the entire zip code has been good over the last couple of years (approx. 4.8% from '05 to '06 and approx. 5.9% so far from '06 to '07). Now that the tollway and Domain are up and running I would expect an even better level of appreciation in the coming years.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 29, 2007
This is a great are that has seen solid appreciation in the last few years. Why buy a condo, when you can have a full sized hoe with a yard for the same money? This are has surged lately due to the new toll roads (short commute to downtown) and the multitude of new shopping centers in the area like the Domain. I think this area should continue to be a great place to live.
Wells Branch is an absolutely cute and strategically located neighborhood. For the price point it is currently one of the best buys in North Austin The large number of long term owners combined with a efficient neighborhood management has kept the area in good shape. Appreciation has varied wildly from the various areas around the neighborhood. For example we bought our place for $123,000 and in 3 years it's worth around $175,000. Others in the higher end of the market have not had as much appreciation. I run a Wells Branch specific website that is updated frequently with neighborhood market statistics and news. You are welcome to use it as a resource.
At least 6 other zip codes are getting higher than 10+%...
I am surprised that Wells Branch hasnt appreciated more. That is a great little neighborhood. And good location.
I love that area.... Close to the Domain and the last exit before the tollway.
This is a great area to invest in if your window is 3-5 years. People will get tired of the condo's downtown and long for space and a yard. The tollroads will assure growth in that direction for years to come.