Market Conditions in Madison>Question Details

jason.counts, Home Owner in Madison, CT

What is the rental market demand like in Madison, CT? I have a 3 br 2 bath 1550 sq/ft cape with 2 car attached garage.

Asked by jason.counts, Madison, CT Fri Feb 1, 2013

within walking distance to Hammonnasset, nice private location, updated

Answers

7
Patricia Durante’s answer
Jason,
Sounds like you could rent it easily. Your location would be ideal for a yearly rent if it's unfurnished. I would say around $1500-1650 a month. Let me know if I can help.
Pat
Demand is larger than supply.........currently there are very few rentals available in Madison that fall into the $1500-$2000/mo. range. Your home would rent very quickly if you fell within that range.
We are actually looking for an annual rent for our family for under 1500...
address is 109 river rd, It's not real close to town. updated kitchen and baths. Nice condition. No central AC.
Jason, I just checked your home out on MLS......I see it was rented out before and you had it on the market for sale a couple years back. The market has changed dramatically for the better since then. I'd be happy to discuss your options with you privately.
Flag Fri Feb 1, 2013
There are 8 annual rents ranging from $2900. to $975. per mo and from 530 sf to 2723sf right now in Madison. There are an additional 5 homes that are renting month to month ranging from $22,000 to $2900.per month. These are generally summer rents. Condition of the home and amenities will play a big role in pricing your rental. You can expect to get between $1100 and $2000./mo depending on the location and condition. Let me know if you would like any further information.
Depending on condition and location there is a surprising demand for unfurnished homes close to town. If you like I could view it to give you a fair price you could ask.
It depends on the time of year. The Spring and Summer markets are the most active months and rentals can go quite quickly. Other factors: Is it an annual rental? Furnished or unfurnished? North or south end of town? Does it have AC? Beach rights?