Market Conditions in 20906>Question Details

mddreamhome, Real Estate Pro in 20877

What is the price movement do agents see after ICC completed along the north Silver Spring stretch?

Asked by mddreamhome, 20877 Tue Feb 7, 2012

Answers

5
I haven't noticed any major movement at this point, but I expect the new highway will spur development along its path.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 7, 2012
ICC is completed. Inventory is low and sales are up.
Click the link to view market conditions for 20906
I have a buyer now, actually husband and wife. One works in Rockville and the other Gburg. They are looking anywhere within a mile or two of an exit from Laurel to Burtonsville. I think this may be a start to a trend. makes sense with gas at $4 a gallon.
Web Reference: http://www.sotrustmtg.com
I believe it is too soon to determine an effect on pricing, however there are buyers that are willing to consider areas in North Silver Spring along the ICC that they previously would not have considered due to the long commute. I have seen an increase in consumers who work along the I-270 corridor in particular considering North Silver Spring Neighborhoods. Increased demand could be one factor leading to price movements.
Once the market begins to absord re-sale homes at a faster rate as a precentage of available homes(absorption rate) then will prices begin to rise.