Marty & Feli…, Other/Just Looking in Roswell, GA

What is the number of foreclosures currently in Alpharetta, GA?

Asked by Marty & Felice Seligmann, Danielle Amdur, Roswell, GA Tue Mar 4, 2008

Answers

5
Hi Marty,
I just wanted to let you know that RealtyTrac is not necessarily always the most accurate search place either. I was looking for a specific property on realtytrac that I KNEW was a foreclosure and it did not register on their site until 3 weeks had passed.
I have found that it is currently more and more difficult to keep track of foreclosures for several reasons. First, an "announcement" of a pending foreclosure is just that, an announcement that one might be coming. If the owner is able to make good on the past due notes, the property does not foreclose, but may be counted as a foreclosure for up to 30 days. Second, a foreclosure must be advertised in the local paper for several weeks ( a total of 120 days) until it is eligible for a transfer of ownership, another reason numbers may end up skewed. And third, it is true that not all foreclosures are listed in the MLS systems accurately or before that 120 days is expired.
Hi Marty,

Trulia receives our foreclosure listing information from RealtyTrac and if you access the link below you'll see that we currently show 192 foreclosure listings in Alpharetta.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Its not hard to tell at all...Realtor response below is not a forthright response!!!! Go to http://www.realtytrac.com and put in the zip code next to the mapping icon and you will see the number of homes in the various stages of foreclosure. Most Realtors will not go out of their way to tell you this. A pending foreclosure in an area you are thinking of buying in will likely further depress the value of the property you are looking to purchase so factor that into your offer. In this market do your own research...an trust only your own due diligence.
Web Reference: http://www.realtytrac.com
The number of foreclosures in Alpharetta is really hard to tell you....not all of them are listed in the multiple listing service. There are many that are in preforeclosure status as well. It's also a big time for relocation and many houses can be gotten at really good prices due to owners being transferred. If you are wanting a deal, this is truly the time to be out there looking. If I can be of service to you please let me know. my website is http://www.judywittenberg.com.
Marty,
Just doing a cursory search there are 64 single family homes listed in the local listing service as forclosure with an Alpharetta address. The homes range from $154k - $1.3 million. Alpharetta has seen a steady increase in property values over the last several years but the area has seen a slow down in response to the changing market condition. There are a multitude of homes that can be purchased below market value that are not even true foreclosures. If you would like for me to send you the report to look at the homes I found in the search, please send me an email and I will be email you back with the report. My email is Brandon@WallacePropertyGroup.com.

Brandon