Market Conditions in Phoenix>Question Details

Gryphon1123, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

What is the market like in the Phoenix area for manufactured homes? If we buy one will we be able to sell it in a few years?

Asked by Gryphon1123, Phoenix, AZ Sat Dec 24, 2011

Answers

8
Hi, Gryphon.

You hit the nail on the head--the real problem with manufactured housing is reselling. MHs are significantly more difficult to finance, thereby drastically limiting your pool of potential buyers.

With Single Family homes and Townhouses being as "dirt cheap" as they are, I would say try one of those routes first.

Best wishes.
Rob
602-620-1199
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 24, 2011
Dear Gryp:

There is always a market. The homes in the planned winter visitor communities where you own the land and not lease the land do better. The Winter visitors are very loyal to their communities and friends.

Jeff Masich
HomeSmart
Web Reference: http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
Arizona has a lot of homes so the best thing to do is call a realtor and see how long they stay on the market before they sell. You can also look at owner financing-contract for deed-rent to own homes in arizona.
Manufactured homes have lost value just like everything else in the valley. A lot depends on the park in which you purchase and whether it's a land lease or fee simple purchase. You also want to take into account whether it's an active adult community or not. Many of the age restricted neighborhoods have stricter rules about property maintenance which helps to maintain value. There are also many manufactured homes available in out lying areas on acreages that are a good value, so it really depends on what you want. Give me a call. I'd be happy to assist you.
Nobody can give you a definite answer on any kind of property, but manufactured homes it is even more difficult.
Be very careful and consider your needs and why you were thinking about manufactured home in the first place, and whether you could not do with a condo for example....

See all the other answers as well, together they will give you some idea.
Good Luck to you,
Edith YourRealtor4Life! and your Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
The biggest problem I see with manufactured home is financing. Few lenders are offer loans on manufactured homes making the pool of potential buyers pretty small. Also, as others have mentioned, conventional ones are priced well and more buyers choose that direction.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 24, 2011
Hello Gryphon 1123,

Mfg homes if properly priced do sell; however, with the low interest rates and competitive pricing in the Phoenix market today; have you considered purchasing a single family home instead? For appreciation and resale value single family homes historically have done better than manufactured homes.

Love to hear additional information and how I can assist you in finding a home of your liking.

Milly Casas

Milly Sells AZ
E-mail: milly@millycasas.com

webiste: millysellsaz.com
I am optimistic that prices will go up in the next few years. If you are set on buying a manufactured home, you
should strongly consider buying some land or lot with the home. I can send you some listings in the Phoenix
area..Mike Crowley, Prestige Realty aptmike@msn.com