Market Conditions in 21401>Question Details

Stacy C., Home Seller in Annapolis, MD

What is the market like in downtown historic Annapolis and the Murry Hill neighborhood?

Asked by Stacy C., Annapolis, MD Sun Feb 10, 2008

I would like to know whether I should put my house in Murry Hill on the market this year or wait until next year.

Answers

4
why don't you give me a call my office is right around the corner and we are very familiar with your area.look at some comps and see for yourself.
There are varibles involved here. Prices will not go up again anytime soon. Your big factor is interest rates which are very low , so if you are looking to buy someplace else you will most likely be buying low and getting a great interest rate for the next 30 yrs. If you wait speculation is" interest rates have to go up" so you wait you will be losing a great interest rate.
Web Reference: http://www.teamshea.com
Dear Stacy:
Our office is definitely seeing an increase in activity since the first of the year. It will be interesting to see the market statistics for February (which come out on March 10th). I would recommend waiting until then to see if prices and the number of sales in 21401 are starting to stabilize prior to making a decision. It sounds like you are not "under the gun" to sell and can afford to wait.
That is a difficult question to answer, things are definately looking up and moving in the right direction.
I believe that if the Seller has reasonable expectations, and prices the home so that it is "in front of the market" and not "chasing the market" then you have a good chance of selling your property.
You may find the answer by asking yourself "what is my motivation"? and what do I have to do to achieve it?
Ania
Web Reference: http://www.aniamiller.com