Market Conditions in Hancock>Question Details

Vulture, Home Buyer in Lehigh Acres, FL

What is the market like for a rental duplex in the Santa Barbara area, mid-cape., Cape Coral. I have had slow responses to my rent listings for my

Asked by Vulture, Lehigh Acres, FL Thu May 19, 2011

two bedroom duplex apartment. Are most landlords having trouble filling vacancies? Mine is on the S.E. side of Santa Barbara.

Answers

6
The problem could be the "two" bedrooms. There are so many fairly new single family homes with three or four bedrooms that rent for only a couple hundred more a month. Also, if the duplex is in the SE, renters have to factor in at least $100 a month for water where as in the NE and NW, there is no water bill. Price is most likely the reason for the vacancies. We are putting tenants in our investors purchases within days of closing. We use a sign in the ground and Craig's List. Good luck.
I don't believe landlords are have a difficult time renting there units. Obviously it is a function of your asking price regarding your monthly rate and also directly tied to the means you are using to advertise your rental. Craigslist is a great tool. I'm a big believer in using the internet to the extreme. Hotpads, Backpage, Google, Yahoo, Craigslist, Postlets perhaps, all have free advertising sections...
We are a professional Property Management Co. & we give very broad, extensive exposure to all our rentals. Thus, they are usually rented quickly. pls. call me if you want more info on our services. American Brokers Realty Group. Dick Hughes--- office 772-2500
We manage over 50 properties in Cape Coral and don't have a problem filling our rentals. Condition and price are the two most important aspects for tenants. What are you requiring for move in costs (cleaning/pet deposits, first/last/security)? Sometimes changing what you require for move in increases responses. Do you have lots of pictures available online?

Whether or not you choose to use a management company I would be happy to answer any questions you might have or give you some tips to increase ad response.

Have a fabulous Friday!
Web Reference: http://www.mysharphomes.com
The rental market in Cape Coral is pretty good, if your units are not renting, there must be a reason. Could it be that the rent you are asking is to high? Do you have a good property management company? Where and how are you advertising? How is the condition of your units? ......
We have not had any problems renting our listings.....we manage close to 300 rental properties.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com