Market Conditions in 80831>Question Details

M, Home Buyer in

What is the growth rate for Woodmen Hills community in Falcon in the next few years?

Asked by M, Wed Dec 5, 2007

Answers

4
I don't totally understand your question. Are you asking about community development in the next few years? Or are you really asking about price growth rate for properties? Colorado Springs/Falcon is an interesting real estate market. In my opinion and experience, the price growth rate for homes is almost always competing with new build prices. Unless you buy in an area virtually completely built out (such as Rock Rimmon, etc.) you will always be competing for buyers with new build. If you're asking about over all growth rate. Depends on the builders. Most builders out here have either REALLY slowed down, or gone out of business completely. There are several properties (existing but 1-4 years old) available perhaps for a good price from motivated sellers. The Banning Lewis development sandwiched between Marksheffle road and Hwy 24 could be huge. Will take years to build out. Meridian Ranch/Woodmen Hills however is more 'complete'. Proximity to HWY 24 and access to PAFB and SAFB are good selling points (as is not being in Col Spgs and subject to Cos Utilities 'fees' and city taxes -- all pluses).
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 29, 2009
I don't have a specific number for you, although I may be able to obtain a ballpark figure.

I can say with certainty that El Paso County is moving northeast with expansive growth. The development of the area you are referring is planned about 17 years out. New construction permits have dwindled in the current market, but most of the major developments (residential and commercial) in El Paso County are happening in the vicinity of the area your are referring to.

In terms of buying, your specific needs and time frame will have to be evaluated. The current market is extremely volatile and we are definitely in a buyers market. The area you are referring to is swamped with new construction and new construction does put heat on resale homeowners. Thus, if you are thinking about buying in this area ensure you have someone advocating for your best financial interest.

If you are interested I can email you a November 2007 housing study for El Paso County.

Best of luck,
Susan Walker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2007
The city might have great library of information for all your questions

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Please let me know if you still want housing data. I see Im a little late.