Cohuttacrew, Home Buyer in Florence, AL

What is the current % of the sale price vs list price in the Florence, Alabama Market?

Asked by Cohuttacrew, Florence, AL Tue Feb 7, 2012

Answers

2
I would second what Trish has to say about the market. Statistics will back up the 94% figure but there are so many factors that play into the home purchase decision. Location, Price, Condition and motivation of the Buyers and Sellers. This is a great time to buy for consumers...historic low rates. Let me now if I can be helpful.
Web Reference: http://bjbaskin.com
For 2011, the sales price averaged 94% of the list price. I would be very cautious about getting caught up in this formula, however.

The amount of negotiation will be determined by several factors. 1) The list price of the home to begin with; was it fair market value, over priced, priced for quick sale, priced for short sale or competitively priced? 2) The seller's motivation for selling; job transfer or loss, divorce, death, financial distress, salary increase, etc. 3) Buyer's motivation for buying; near family/friends, convenient to work, amenities, etc.

Hope this answers your question. If I may assist you with anything else, please feel free to call or email me.