Market Conditions in Mahwah>Question Details

DAVID DECKER…, Real Estate Pro in RAMSEY, NJ

What is the current market look like in northern bergen county, nj?

Asked by DAVID DECKER JR, RAMSEY, NJ Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

2
Northern Bergen County is showing very positive results this spring. In fact, our office sales are up over 140 percent over the same period last year. And, the actual prices of homes are on the rise as well. If you need help for Ramsey specifically --- I am happy to help. I live, work and market homes in the area so I know it well.
The current local is doing pretty well. According to the recent issue of Barron's the sales of homes throughout the United States was down 34% over the last six years and they are predicting the bottom. The local Bergen County market is down roughly 22% ( NYC was down 25%) so compared to the total market the Bergen County and Tri-State area faired pretty well. Each town has slightly different numbers --- Mahwah , for example was down about 14% pricewise. Saddle River was down more like 50%. ( but the prices here were much higher). For an accurate picture, contact your local agent to access the prices and absorption rates in the town of interest.