Market Conditions in Boerne>Question Details

Thomas Chest…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

What is the construction cost per square foot for a single family home (new construction) in Boerne, TX?

Asked by Thomas Chester, San Antonio, TX Wed Aug 4, 2010

Answers

3
Mr. Chester,

Did you ever get your new home built? If not let me know. At G.J. Gardner Homes our standard inclusions custom homes start at about $85 / sq ft!!!! No.....that is NOT a misprint. I'm currently doing two projects of about 3000 sq ft each and each has all the extras everyone wants.....they are coming in under $110 / sq ft.

It's simple, unlike the other custom builders in the Hill Country we're not looking to get rich on each and every deal. And unlike the "semi" custom builders (Design Tech, Tilson, etc.) we are a TRUE custom home builders.....in fact both of the houses I mentioned earlier were completely designed and drawn in our design center from scratch. No plan from any planbank was used!!

Would love to talk with you if you're looking for a builder.

Kacey Wells
281-768-0334
kacey.wells@gjgardner.com
I am a local, Boerne Realtor, and have spent much time with local builders. Due to market conditions in new home construction and falling prices of building materials, you can build a very nice custom home starting from $150 per sq. ft. depending on your interior finish. This price does not include the price of land.

Prices vary on land prices, depending on how much land your looking for and what area/neighborhood your looking to build in. Prices range for 1 acre lots from 90K per 1 acre that are closer to San Antonio, to $15,000 + per acre for larger tracts of 5 acres +, North of Boerne, but still in Boerne Schools, but a good 30-45 minute commute to San Antonio. If you don't have to commute to San Antonio for work everyday, there are some excellent deals on larger home-sites.

Although I practice general Real Estate, my specialty is land and ranches. Let me know if I can help you with any other questions related to the Boerne/Hill Country Area.
In Boerne, anything less than the average of $254 is probably good. That's a figure coming from Trulia. So you can use that as a proxy for construction expense as well as what you should aim for to have the best shot of recovering your money. Of course it all depends on fixtures and other trimmings, as well as specific characteristics of the parcel which may make it more or less expensive to develop. It's just a guideline. Follow the link for more information.