David Feldst…, Real Estate Pro in Forest Hills, Queens,...

What is the buzz about the home market in Rochester?

Asked by David Feldstein, Forest Hills, Queens, NY Sun Oct 7, 2007

Answers

3
Corinne Petterson’s answer
The Rochester NY market has been consistently rated as Good Value. It is a relatively stable market. It didnt participate too much in the Real Estate bubble so missed out on the downsides of the Bursting. There is a great range of prices and styles of homes and Rochester has also been voted near the top of the Most Livable City and Shortest Commute times. Because of all the Colleges here it also has a very strong rental market. What's not to like?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 20, 2011
Rochester home market . . . that is a complicated question. Depends on what market you are talking about. I represent a home builder, and we have been having a good year, building smaller patio homes. But the exisiting homes market . . . our home sales in Monroe county (which covers most of the Rochester area) is down 1.0% since last year. The city of Rochester is down 1.3% from 2006. Closings were down 2.2% since last year. (All of these stats were thru August of 2007). So all in all, we are not as bad off as many of the areas around the country. The real estate industry is staying positive that an upward swing is in the near future.
I hope this helped!
Keli
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 8, 2007
Hey David. I guess the buzz in Rochester is that our housing stock is very affordable when compared to other areas. That translates in to very good Cash Flow opportunities in the area. Take a look at this link below:
Gail Smith