Jrc, Home Owner in Downers Grove, IL

What is the best source for historical comparable sales data in DuPage County/Downers Grove? Need specific info to contest property taxes.

Asked by Jrc, Downers Grove, IL Tue Nov 30, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


I'd be able to provide you with the information you need. Feel free to contact me either thought email or my website.
Cathy Mead
Baird & Warner, Downers Grove
Web Reference: http://www.cathymead.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 19, 2011
Why not first contact an experienced Downers Grove Realtor and get some sold properties information,
and also info about comparable homes your age, size and type, and lot size, to compare their taxes with yours... in Downers Grove.

And you can always hire an attorney who will contest your taxes on your behalf, providing the comparable information too.

Good luck to you!
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago/Northshore Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 1, 2010
I have a former President of a County Tax Accessors Association that a suggest to use. His accompanying credentials are off the chart in this day and age. I have seen him get formidable results for his clients.
Email me if you'd like his info.
Broker Jerry Grodesky
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 30, 2010
Public information sources like Trulia.com, Zillow.com, Homes.com are easy and good, but not completely accurate. Your best bet would be to find the real estate transfers in the towns you are looking at. You can probably get under the Freedom of Information Act from the County or the villages you need. You need to call them and ask for their Freedom of Information Act form and submit it. Sometimes there is a slight fee for processing, but maybe not. It can take up to a few weeks. The Chicago Tribune publishes real estate transfers in the newspaper and I believe you can also get them online. Real Estate transfers are the complete and most accurate source and one that would be recognized for fighting taxes. It will take some homework on your part to see if they are comparable with your home. Trulia.com, Zillow.com and Homes.com would be a good use for that information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 30, 2010
If you are looking for comparable properties to contest your taxes and you have a historical home, you will need to use CLOSED properties that are in the same age group. A local realtor can provide these for you. Important information for taxes are square footage and sales price, not necessarily historical merit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 30, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer