Market Conditions in Medford>Question Details

G. S. Capone, Other/Just Looking in Massachusetts

What is the average time property sits on market before selling in Medford?

Asked by G. S. Capone, Massachusetts Mon Apr 5, 2010

Answers

7
Current Data for Past 6 Months

Condos - 130 sold - Average Days on Market - 33.72 - Average sales price $321,034
Single Fams - 150 sold - Average Days on Market - 30.58 - Average sales price $420,242
Multi Fams - 60 sold - Average Days on Market - 19.25 - Average sales price $506,835
Some great answers here from my fellow realtors with lots of data. The key to make sure your property does not sit long on the market is to 1) make sure it's market-ready before you list it (it doesn't need to have a brand new kitchen but make sure it is clean and decluttered, if at all possible); 2) make sure you set a reasonable price for the property for the area in which the property is located in Medford; 3) make sure the price not only reflects area but condition of the property; and 4) hire a good realtor who knows how to assist with pricing and marketing your property (favorable photos posted in MLS and shown on all of the top web sites). Give me a call me if you'd like some assistance. The first step is to have me into your home for a viewing, at which time I can provide all of the data you require to make the right decision on pricing and premarketing cleanup/repairs to ensure a sale within a reasonable time. I will provide data from comparable properties which have sold in your neighborhood to aid with setting the right price. My name is Loreen Cinganelli. I am a proud member of Century 21 Advance Realty (Medford) since 2000 and can be reached on my business cell at 781-608-1157. I also reside in Medford.
55 is average, you can use realtor.com to get averages, but its better to get the median, that you will need a realtor to print you a sales active pending report on the type of home your looking for.
Single family homes were sold with the average market time of 101 days within the last six months.

Multi family homes were sold with the average market time of 107 days within the last six months.

Condominiums/townhouses were sold with the average market time of 96 days within the last six months.

Should you require additional information, please let me know.

Have a great day and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Web Reference: http://www.nersarealty.com
Just a quick note ...... sitting for a long time can vary by reason, short sale, bank owned, overpriced in the beginning, the longer it sits, the more questions or suspicions people have....
for free info on what is going on in the medford market call 1-800-901-7065
In the last 6 Months This is what happened

Single Family Listings: 118 Average List Price: $375,315 Average Sale Price: $362,372
Average Market Time: 63 Days

Condominium Listings: 88 Average List Price: $322,805 Average Sale Price: $312,916
Average Market Time: 77 Days (Average List Price per Square Foot:) $247

Multi-Family Listings: 41 Average List Price: $439,482 Average Sale Price: $430,093
Average Market Time: 50 Days

Does this Info help?
You can Call my Cell# 617-594-8091 or for a Complete Market Report, go to
SamHrono.com
Web Reference: http://www.SamHrono.com