susanshuster, Home Buyer in 63368

What is the average time on the market for homes in 63031?

Asked by susanshuster, 63368 Thu May 10, 2012

I have had a few listings sell in a couple weeks. It really just comes down to if the home is updated, staged and priced correctly. The homes I have closed on in the last 30 days or so in Florissant have averaged 99% list to sales price and 15 days on market. It's very important to hire an agent that knows the market in North County. I provide all my clients with free staging, first impressions count!
There are too many variables to answer this question with anything that would make real sense - the days on market varies based on the price point of the homes, whether they have basements or not, the size of the homes and their amenities and updates. In some areas smaller homes are selling faster, in other areas larger homes are selling faster. In some areas homes may go under contract quickly, but because they are short sales or foreclosures, they take longer to sell. You should sit down with a local realtor and give them the parameters on the type of home that you are trying to determine ave days on market for.

I will tell you, that home sales have picked up dramatically in the past few months in the Greater St Louis area. We are back to homes selling in a week to a month with multiple contracts if they are fixed up and priced correctly for their area. Buyers are tired of waiting. Many areas of St Louis are back to a 6-7 month supply of homes on the market so we are getting very close to a balanced market (6 months supply is considered balanced)