melgill, Both Buyer and Seller in Dobbs Ferry, NY

What is the average sales price in Dobbs Ferry for a single family home? What would the increase be or what is the value of year around river views?

Asked by melgill, Dobbs Ferry, NY Wed May 29, 2013

Does an lower level (separate from family bedrooms) au-pair/ in-law suite add value beyond the extra bedroom and bathroom?

Answers

4
Hi, There have been a total of 21 sales in Dobbs within the past six months and they range from $265,000-$1,300,000. When trying to determine a list price you want to look at comparable homes that sold within the past six months. If there are none you can go back a little further. This is the same info a buyers bank appraiser will use. A separate au pair suite definitely adds value as long as it has a certificate of occupancy and can be legally considered an additional bedroom. Buyers buy based on location, size, and condition. These other factors are very important to consider when trying to determine a value. In order to guide you accordingly I, or any agent would have to physically see the home. Hope this helps.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Thank you all for your answers. The home has new bathrooms (we put them in), Year round river views. New patio in back plus flat yard with lawn. We are deciding between reno with small addition and moving. Reno would bring it to 5 bedrooms, 3 full baths, study, family room with vaulted ceiling open lay-out with living leading to dining and then open kitchen. One of the bedrooms/bathrooms would be on the entry level separate from everything else. It would also include a small flex room that could be a kitchenette, exercise room, storage room, etc. We will use it for work-out. New roof, new appliances, new high efficiency HVAC new on demand water heater....
Flag Wed May 29, 2013
Hi: I can easily to an excellent Market Value Analysis for you for Dobbs Ferry. It will show you the average price per square foot for active, conditional contract, pending, & sold listings in the past 12 months. Also: Absorption Rate (measure of demand), Inventory Analysis, Negotiability Analysis, & value range for a certain property. It's easy for me to do & free for you. It is an analysis that is unlike anything you will find from other agents. If you want to talk, please call me at 914-273-9688. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees.

If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
To give you the best answer possible I would need more details about home size, # of bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. Please feel free to call me to discuss.
914-304-4320

"$1,500.00 Cash Back when you Buy or Sell with R I G Realty"
Contact and invite a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are generally provide free of charge by most agents,