Ann Blair Gr…, Home Seller in 75214

What is the average price per square foot in Lakewood. In Dallas, TX? Also when is the best time in 2008 to

Asked by Ann Blair Gribbin, 75214 Thu Jan 17, 2008

put your house on the market?

Answers

5
Hello Ann -

I have been looking in the Lakewood proper area for over 9 months and have seen literally hundreds of houses. If you are between the Mockingbird/Gaston/Abrams streets as boundaries ("Lakewood Proper") you will see a price more in the $180 - $220 a square foot. Not cheap as a home buyer but good for you as a seller. I had my real estate agent do some analysis last week and she stated lakewood overall enjoyed a sales price of $201.60.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 16, 2009
Depending on which location in Lakewood it would be around 100- 135. Best time is now. The way to move it is get the comps and then list it for 95% of the value.
Web Reference: http://www.homeferret.com
Hi Ann.

As you have already read, there are many variables to pricing a home. Are you in actual Lakewood? Or one of the surrounding neighborhoods. Houses in Lakewood are actually selling for $133 - $246 per sq./ft. It really does depend on the age, size, condition, and location. I work for Ebby Halliday, in the Lakewood office, and like all the others would like to speak with you regarding the possiblities.

As far as WHEN to list your home. Several other factors determine the best time for that as well, but I suggest that you start getting ready now. We have seen a jump in business at the office. The phones are ringing. The fax machine is running. Houses are selling. The weather has been great. We have seen an increase in the traffic at open houses. It's looking like a great beginning to the year.

You do have some competition with other houses being sold right now. The key is to have the home ready and in the best light from the beginning. You need to create a flurry of activity to showcase your home as "the one". A sign in the yard, and putting it into MLS just won't do it anymore.
Ann, There is such a wide range of homes in that area from $235,000.-$3,000,000, that has sold.
So an average price per square foot would depend on your homes square footage. The range can be from $80-$300 a sqft. We would be glad to meet with you and provide an up to date Market Analysis
on your property. Click on our photo and our contact info is there.
Kind Regards...
I see you are in the 75214 zipcode so this can be a really broad area. Just as an example in the last 3 months there have been 114 properties sold in this zipcode. Everywhere from 856 sq ft to 8,900 sq ft, from a 1915 house to a 2007 year built, sales price of 72K to 3.9M. There are so many variables. After a REALTOR knows more information - age, size, condition, amenities, neighborhood - then they can give you a true picture of what your home is worth. As far as the best time to list, I personally am seeing alot of activity right now. The buyers are there. Spring is typically a very active time. So any time in the next 2-3 months is a good time to be on the market.
As a Coldwell Banker Residential agent I will be glad to give you a free home market analysis. You can contact me at 469-688-0207 or LaVenda.Lee@cbdfw.com.