Market Conditions in Newtown>Question Details

Kate, Home Seller in Newtown, OH

What is the average price of a home in Newtown, CT that has 3 bed/2.5 bath and 2.5 acres?

Asked by Kate, Newtown, OH Wed Jan 16, 2008

Answers

2
Hello Kate - To give you an update for the 1st quarter, 2008, the average listing price for a 3 BR, 2.5 bath home on 2.5 acres or more in Newtown, CT , is $537,200, with an averge sales price of $500,000. (This does not take into account age, square footage, condition or location). If you would like an up to date market analysis of your home, feel free to call. I live and work in Newtown. To see homes on the market, visit my website!
Kate - there has actually only been one sale over the last few months (current market conditions) in a 3BR 2.5 BA home on over 2 acres in Newtown. It sold for $395,000. If I remove the bathroom "requirement", there have been 3 sales with an average sale price of $382,667. However, size, location and condition play a much bigger part of listing/sales price than number of BR's & BA's. As to currently available properties, there are only 4 in town that meet the 3BR, 2.5BA, 2+ acres - the average list price is $447,400.
Jayne