w.roser, Both Buyer and Seller in Indianapolis, IN

What is the average number of days on the market for a single family home in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas?

Asked by w.roser, Indianapolis, IN Sat Oct 20, 2012

Answers

4
There is no accurate way to determine the answer to that question. Even if we tied it down to a specific area, some homes have been relisted and assigned new blc numbers, so without taking that into account, figures don't mean mean that much. If the property is in a desirable area, is priced competitively, and in good condition, it should sell within 60 days. After the accepted offer, it takes approximately 30 more days to obtain final mortage approval and go through the inspection and repair process. My areas of specialization are Washington Township on the north side and Carmel, Indiana. If you want someone who can help you in those areas, please contact me at 317-590-5081, Thank you, Fran Lazerov, CRS FC Tucker Company.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
W. Roser,

I answered a question very similar to this about Fishers in particular.
And I divided the market into several segments, averaging all. It's
quite a bit to do.

You should take a look at that question and answer, because we did
the math and we made suggestions about what aspects of a home
have an effect on value.

Or call me for more specifics .... whoops, my souffle is done.

Marita
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
It varies greatly from neighborhood to neighborhood. If you are currently working with a realtor, I am sure they can give you the information related to your specific situation. If you are not working with a realtor, I would love to help you. Please contact me with the specific area in which you are looking to buy or sell and I would be happy to provide you with the requested information. Good luck!
The AVERAGE number of days on the market varies between Indianapolis and the surrounding counties, and between counties. Condition and pricing affect it greatly - but it is typically 60 days to "pending" in the current market.

Of course, an "average" is meaningless for a given situation. Correct pricing is critical, but so is condition. Consult a Realtor for best results.

Peter Knight
RE/MAX Ability Plus