Market Conditions in Bethel>Question Details

Koggy, Home Buyer in Bethel, CT

What is the average listing to sale price percentage in Bethel Ct?

Asked by Koggy, Bethel, CT Sun Apr 29, 2012

Answers

3
Hello Don and Koggy,
Don...Thanks for your response as yes, I did report the average list price incorrectly as I had factored in single-family homes that are currently for sale; not just what has been sold.

Here is my correction: For only single-family homes (not all types) the average list price is $330,151 but the average sold price is still as I stated at $308,459 which makes a list-to sales-price ratio of around 93%.

Yes, I should qualify that I also obtained my data from the Greater Fairfield County MLS year-to-date figures too and glad that we are in agreement as to the list/sales price ratio, Don.

Thanks!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
With all due respect to Laura, her answer below appears to provide incorrect data.

The average sales price of single family homes in Bethel, according to the Greater Fairfield County Consolidated Multiple Listing Service, on homes sold this year-to-date and entered into the MLS, is $269,110.
The average, most recent, list price on these same homes was $318,307.

Given this information, on average these homes sold for about 93% of their list price at the time of the sale.

There have only been 21 single family home sales recorded in Bethel thus far this year, However, this 93% ratio appears to fit in with surrounding towns, which flucatuate between 93% - 97%.
Hello Koggy,
So far this year in Bethel, the average list price for a single-family home is $378,876 and the average sold price is $308,459 representing a difference of around 18%. Please, do keep in mind that some properties are priced more realistically than others and some may have taken price reductions along the way.

Hope this is helpful.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty