Ron Parente, Both Buyer and Seller in 01740

What is the average days on market for homes in Massachusetts?

Asked by Ron Parente, 01740 Mon May 16, 2011

Answers

7
As of this writing (2/22/14), the average days on the market in Marlborough, MA is 204. Inventories are down over 20% from this same period last year.

Contact me directly at john@homesincentralmass.com for data on surrounding communities in Massachusetts.
Days on market vary based on area(s) of each community

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Ron,

In your zip code of 01740, it's 184 days for homes that sold in the past year. For homes that are on the market, it's 312 days. I guess there are many homes in your zip code which are overpriced; that's why there's such a difference between the days on market of homes that are still for sale vs those that actually sold.

In Marlborough, it's 134 days for homes that sold in the past year. For homes that are on the market, it's 189 days.

So you see, every town is different. Even with each town, you'd get different results depending upon whether you're talking about single, multi-fams or condos.
Ron,
The best way to get accurate info that will truly matter to you, is to determine the area(down to the neighborhood) and the style of home you desire. Generalities can mislead you. Talk to a local realtor and be specific.
In Barnstable county it's about 140 to 150 days this past year.
Ron,

Tom is great with the stats from MLS! That is all correct - January was brutal!

I live in Marlborough and it is a unique town in the market. East and west Marlborough are priced very differently (that dreaded downtown commute) but is still really dependent on a buyer's commute (either the industrial parks by 495 or the commute into Boston).

I can speak with you further about this but if a home is priced correctly from the beginning and has a well planned marketing plan - it should be receiving offers quickly.

Amy
amymullen@remax.net
508-784-0504
Ron:

There are currently 143 homes on the market in Marlboro with an average list price of $340K and Days on the market of 159. To determine the health of the market it is also important to look at what has sold over the past 6 months, but this data can be a bit misleading because it was such a tough winter with all the snow. There have been 88 sales with an average sales price of $284K and it was taking 132 days. I have a lot of experience in this market and please feel free to reference my website. I hope this information has been helpful.