Market Conditions in 27265>Question Details

Bakerdebbie, Home Seller in 27265

What is the average days on market for home sales in zip 27265?

Asked by Bakerdebbie, 27265 Thu Jun 11, 2009

Answers

3
Len Montgomery’s answer
The DOM is a real good way to analyze the potential for a sale and to gauge how well you are doing in selling your own home. Just using a zip code is not quite deep enough though. I live in this zip code, 27265, by Southwest schools. But this zip code stretches over into northern Davidson County. Looking at just the data for the zip code can be misleading. Also, price ranges reflect differently with homes between $150,000 and $350,000 being the quickest turn over of them all. Comparing new sales to existing home sales is yet another key as many new homes are listed before construction has begun. One more demographic is actual sales price compared to initial listing price. Data shows that a home priced closer to real values sales quicker and for more money than a home that is initially listed too high. Pricing a home is a real art and few REALTORs fully grasp all of the intricate parts that have to be considered. Even fewer homeowners understand it, although most understand that since they probably would not buy a home that is overpriced others aren't either. If you haven't listed your home yet, I would be happy to provide an in depth evaluation free of charge. You can reach me through Trulia or my website below.
Debbie,
Well for one the average DOM for homes that have closed in the last 30 days in the zip code 27265 is 128. Now you should be more specific since different priced homes and neighborhoods are actually different from one another. I know of many neighborhoods in the Triad that move quickly. For example had a listing earlier this year that it was only barely 30 days on market before we had it under contract. So if you are not already working with an agent I would be glad to answer any of your questions and help you. If you like feel free to contact me through my profile here on Trulia or through one of my websites listed below.

Hope this helps,
Hello, I'm an agent in Knoxville but I do have a few connections in North Carolina, and I know that they have been experiencing pretty-much the same trend we have been experiencing here over in TN. Of course every property's different, but if you are talking about an average priced, residential home, it can take anywhere from 60-90 days for a deal to go through from the time of the initial listing. This is much different from when the market was still thriving about two, two and half years ago. Back then, real estate in this part of the country was being sold in under 30 days on average from the initial listing. It is crazy to see the averages double like they have, but its just the way things are nowadays. The good thing is the market is beginning to rebound a bit, and you can expect to see averages to drop under around 60 days again within the next year. Of course it depends on your situation, and there are anomalies, so just hang in there and your property should eventually sell, I hope this helped.