Paul G, Home Buyer in Duck Key, FL

What is the average cost to build per square foot in the florida keys, assuming basic build and medium and high end?

Asked by Paul G, Duck Key, FL Mon Aug 29, 2011

Answers

5
This is such an old post and we are looking to build modular in Key Largo. Any updates or suggestions with builders? I have made inquiries only to be told they don't build in the area or no longer build modulars.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 26, 2015
I am also relocating to Key Largo to build. Several years before, I had a dreadful homebuilding experience, & I am squeamish at the thought of building again, to say the least., but I have been working with a real-estate attorney through Sotheby's in Palm Springs, Ca. He is familiar with realtors & builders in the southern Florida area as well. He has been most understanding & helpful regarding my situation, & I have complete confidence in him. He has referred me to a Sotheby's realtor, in southern Florida, who can assist me in locating an appropriate builder for a prefab home. The architects, at the Seattle-based company, FabCab, are designing my home, which is called a TimberCab. Their website is FabCab.com, & I have no doubt, for the price & quality of these homes, I am making an excellent choice. I will gladly share any info that you would find helpful.
Flag Wed Jul 22, 2015
How much is the average price to build a 3/2 modular on big pine key. We will pay cash for the land and foundation we simply need an idea about the structure.
Grill Construction 305-743-4405. Jon Grill lives on Duck Key. He has been in the building business for over 30 years. Very competitive prices.
You will have better luck with Mark Pierson GC 305-481-4539, or Clairmont & Dixon 305-942-9084, or Royal Crest Builders 305-735-4042, as some of the others are either out of business or a pool contractor. Generally speaking, it is anywhere from about $150./sq ft for modular to $300./sq ft. for custom using a GC. Let me know if I can give you some local knowledge...Lisa Ford, Broker Assoc. Marathon Vacation.com Real Estate 305-735-4095 office
we are going to retire to an active water oriented lifestyle in about 3 years. canal with a view hopefully. would we be better off building new or buying/renovating? and the big elephant in the room, cost of FEMA insurance? we're looking in the range of 500K
Flag Sat Feb 22, 2014
Try contacting some of these to get a ballpark idea, I know there are many restrictions on building:

D'Asign Source http://www.dasignsource.com - (305) 743-7130
A Dennis Kulig Contractor - (305) 743-7911 -
Aultman Construction Co Inc - (305) 743-5984 -

Alma