soldg, Home Buyer in Pacific Palisades, CA

What is the average cost per square foot to build a home in Pacific Palisades California?

Asked by soldg, Pacific Palisades, CA Fri Feb 28, 2014

My wife and I are looking to buy a 5 bedroom house in the Palisades already built, but we are now considering building if the price per square foot is less than what we have seen.

Answers

4
Do you really NEED 5 bdrms?! Ditto 3 bathrooms!

Over consuming and showing off doesn't make anyone happier.

Small is beautiful.
Violette is correct, but don't forget to factor in the cost of the land. There are no vacant lots, so you'd have to buy a property with a small, older house and demo the house.
Shoot me an email directly, I can give you some phone #'s for reputable home builders & architects you could talk to about your ideas. I can also let you know about doing 'owner/builder' (that term doesn't mean You build it)

There is no "average" when home building, especially in the Palisades, in the hills.

I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine or Replies beneath my answer.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since--- 1996
Realty ONE Group
BRE# 01211967
That entirely depends on the builder you choose and the quality of home you want to build. Honestly. I have seen clients design homes where price per foot being quoted was $500. I've seen $800. And i've seen well over $1000 per ft. The community is affluent and we are seeing higher and higher levels of quality being presented to the market. It would be better to get an estimate from a reputable builder whose style and quality is in line with your expectations for the finished product.