Market Conditions in 87108>Question Details

Debbie DeLee…, Other/Just Looking in 33414

What is the Market Conditions in the 87108 area??

Asked by Debbie DeLeeuw, 33414 Fri Dec 7, 2012

Wanting to sell home...but is it the right time???

Answers

6
I think the area has great potential because of Nob Hill and UNM. I am seeing people willing to spend money on additions and remodels in this part of town.
Debbie,

The 4 answers other Brokers gave were terrifc, and true. There are a lot of amazing real estate professionals out there. The answers you get will vary depending on the Real Estate professional. There are a few things that that are most important when selling a home, no matter what zipcode it is in.

1. 1st and foremost, an accurate property value based on comparable homes that have recently sold... That is what an appraiser will do when the buyer needs a loan. A real estate professional can mimmick an appraisal in the form of a Market Analysis.

2. Marketing. The house MUST be heavily marketed on line(Not simply in MLS). This should include video on multiple sites. Open houses are a great tool to get feedback, which can assist in getting the house sold.

3. Negotiation skills and knowledge of the real estate professional. This is vital to your bottom line, and can make or loose you thousands of dollars.

4. Communication skills of the real estate professional are important, not only to you, but to other Brokers as well. The real estate world is a small one in Albuquerque, and believe it or not, there are some brokers who are known to be difficult to work with and other brokers avoid them, and others who are great communicators, professional and do what is best for the client, which other broker very much enjoy working with.

The bottom line is that there is a lot to consider, including timing. I'd be honored to be given the opportunity to interview for your business when the time is right for you.

Michael BIG DOG Buffington
505 620 7653
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Hi there Debbie,
The best advice I ever heard about Real estate was that the best time to buy or sell is the day you do it. Market conditions, as you already know, can vary from address to address and based on several factors such as the size of your home, the schools in your direct area, and the condition of your home.

On my website, I have a tool that will help you determine the value of your home. It is completely FREE for you. Simply enter the specifics on your home and then we can have a good conversation about the marketability of your home. http://www.ABQHouseValue.com

Thanks Debbie. It will be my pleasure assisting you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Hi Debbie,

The South East Heights is always good. The closer to UNM the better and of couse the Ridgecrest area is the best! I grew up in that part of town, and show lots of buyers that area. Let's get together to talk about your possiblities. I'll bring the CMA so we and look at the comps, free of charge of course.

Currently, there are 68 for sale. 163 closed this last year with only 3 of those closing after 20 days on the market. It's a great area for sales. Let me list yours and get it sold ASAP.

Call or email me, Thx,

Renee Furst
Equity New Mexico
rfursthome@gmail.com
Cell (505) 459-7891
Website: reneefurst.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Debbie - 87108 is an interesting zip code; it has very diverse neighborhoods with varying degrees of desirability. So, it depends on exact location and also condition, floor plan, etc. As Leigh-Jo provided in previous answer, you can see the wide range of selling prices.

I would appreciate the opportunity to give you a detailed market analysis. You can call me direct at 505-379-2763 or email me at nmrealestatenow@gmail.com - I look forward to hearing from you. Chris
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Hello Debbie,

In the past six months, there have been 106 closings. Prices ranged between $25,500 to $451,000 setting the average price per sqft at $98. Properties were on the market for as little as 0 days to as much as 594 days.

Presently, there are 30 properties under contract and 84 actively on the market.

If you would like a more refined view of the area, just let me know a property address or a general location you would like details on.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012