Market Conditions in 97322>Question Details

Jw2011, Home Seller in 97322

What is presently the Avg Days on market for a 2 br 900 SF hm in decent area of Albany?

Asked by Jw2011, 97322 Fri May 20, 2011

Average Days on Market - looking for comps to home located 2305 SE Marion Street...

Answers

3
7 homes with 2 bed/1-1.5 baths and sq ft between 850-1000 have been sold in Albany since the first of the year. Average days on market were 120. Don't hesitate to ask your Realtor for those stats - that's our job! I see that your home is currently listed on the mls - I wish you a successful, quick sale! Meredith Lankford, Keller Williams Realty Mid-Willamette.
In my search I chose 850 - 950 Sq Ft for the criteria. I eliminated two properties that had been on the market for 774 days because I feel that those properties are an aberration and extremely deviate from the typical days on market.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
I think I pressed the wrong button because my answer disappeared.

Your question is great. Unfortunately, there's no cut and dry answer. It depends on the home and if it's been maintained, if there have been any upgrades, how motivated the sellers are, etc. I am taking a listing on Monday that sounds very comparable to yours. In pulling together the market analysis for that home, I found that some homes are selling in as few as 50 days while others have been on the market for over 220. I have not been in those homes so do not know what the condition is. If you would like me to conduct a market analysis for your home, just let me know. I can be reached at JudyClark@kw.com.

thanks....and have a blessed weekend.