Market Conditions in Howell>Question Details

Fred Marcano…, Home Buyer in Roselle, NJ

What is best for a 55 couple: Adult community or Condo? How much are association fees? Community fees? Are these annual or monthly?

Asked by Fred Marcano Jr., Roselle, NJ Mon Sep 10, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3092863381-4-Wren-Way-Howell-…

Answers

4
Fred,

I would vote for Adult Community for many reasons.

(1) They offer activities ranging from bocce, barbecues, tennis, cruises and the like

(2) The monthly maintenance fees tend to be kept lower; monthly maintenance fees vary from community to community - typically the more amenities, the higher the fee.

(3) All are Ranch style

(4) the cost is typically less

To answer your other questions "community fees and association fees" are one in the same and typically monthly.

Feel free to call me to pick my brain further. 33% of my business is in Active 55+ communities; therefore, I have vast knowledge of many communities. . . . and am also an SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist. . . . . . 732.606.2931.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931 (Direct/Cell: 732.606.2931)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hello Francesca. What is your opinion of Surrey Downs near Freehold/Howell, and Pleasant Village? We are now focusing on the Freehold / Howell area near 9 S because our daughter just bought her home in Howell near there. So we wish to be within a 5 to 10 minute drive from her with easy commute into NYC. Thanks. My email is, fmarcanojr@yahoo.com
Flag Wed Mar 19, 2014
Flag Wed Mar 19, 2014
Dear Mr. Marcano,
We have some fantastic adult communities here in Monmouth County and choices abound. Whether you choose a single family home or condo depends entirely on your preference. In either case, a fee (mostly monthly) is paid and lawn maintence and snow removal is included.

I suggest you look around and get a feel for both before you make your decision. If you're considering Monmouth County and are not presently working with a realtor, I would be happy to assist you. I am certified as an SRES® (Seniors Real Estate Specialist).
SRES® designees are certified senior specialists and astute to the financial and emotional challenges senior clients face when they buy or sell a home.

And when you need help from other professionals, SRES® designees can tap their network and put you in touch with qualified home inspectors, movers, attorneys, CPAs and other experts.

Kind regards,
Lorraine Koleda
lorik@jackgreenrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
I consider your question and concern more a social question than a real estate or financial question, although you may want to consider and make sure you have all the numbers straight.

Association fees are different for every building or community, depending on what is included, if you are working with one trusted area Realtor, that Realtor will provide you will all that information each and every time you find something that may work for you, or he or she may even make some really good suggestions about certain places for you!

In an adult community, or assisted living community there are some social events planned throughout and you have equal minded neighbors etc.,
when buying a condo, you are on your own, just as living in a single family home, except that in a condo much is taken care of, no yard to mowe, and many items are taken care of with your monthly assessment fees, but your are very much on your own..

So it is kind of a life style decision more than anything else, often both have a pool, often a door man or they are gated communities.
I strongly suggest you work with a local Realtor who can assist you and get you all the details...
Good luck to you, if you need recommendations for a good Realtor in your area, feel free to get
back to me I gladly recommend a few good ones

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site
.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 10, 2012
Hi Fred The property you were asking about on Wren Way is under contract & is a condo with mo assoc fees of $160. Most active adult communities as well as condos have association fees that are paid monthly. They are used to pay management fees, property maintenance, lawn, snow removal, trash & recreation . Most communities fees will differ depending on the services included. I live in a 55+ community & love it. Feel free to call me if you need help finding your next home or have any questions about your options .

Joan Congilose
RE/MAX Central
(732) 972-1000 x 364
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012