Market Conditions in 07834>Question Details

John Harris, Real Estate Pro in Branchburg, NJ

What impact will the November elections have on the current real estate market?

Asked by John Harris, Branchburg, NJ Sat Aug 14, 2010

Answers

10
It is all about consumer confidence in the future. People are overwhelmingly dissatisfied with the government right now. When the dust settles on the election, no matter who gets elected, we will have to see if public perception of the future changes for the better. If it does, then the housing market will start to rebound.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 21, 2010
Although I suspect nothing good, I hope for the best. I hope that most of the incumbents will lose, and that Congress will stop making all of these whipsaw policy changes that's harming business.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 15, 2010
It is my sincere hope that there will be real "change" in November and with it a return to free market economics. Without it, the economy will continue to wilt, jobs lost or unrecovered, and confidence overall will remain low. Unless things change, I am concerned about the near term prospects for the real estate market.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Serivce
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 14, 2010
Mixed reaction at best. Politics cannot solve the problems pertaining to real estate. It needs to be left up to the free flow of the market . In which buyers and sellers react to values created by demand It is influenced by the availability of financing ,where the consumer can readily qualify with funds available to borrow and purchase with.
Politics can influence policies and improve oversight which can than create more confidence and clarity.
The key to housing is affordability and income. Economy depends on jobs. Governments cannot create jobs the private sector can.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 14, 2010
No matter who you Vote for it will not impact our lives. I believe that in 2011 people will still be losing their jobs. Having to sell their Homes and make decisions that will drastically affect their lives and that of their families. I believe that Politicians look out for the Politicians and special interest groups and the
H _ _ _ with the rest of the Country. My question? Is their a Politician out there today who really can make a difference. I'm sorry, I don't believe so. Let's be honest. Money Buys Politicians and Favors are owed.
Our voices are no longer heard. However, I do remember a time when they were.
I am an optimist. So, that being stated, I am hoping that we vote in, all new people, to the US Congress. Fresh ideas, new thoughts, and I like the thought of the millionaires who are running for office. Obviously, they know how to budget their funds, or they wouldn't be the success they are, today! They don't apply for public funding (which is really paid for by us:) for their election campaigns, so they are saving us monies, already! The formula is, 20% of the people are paying 80% of the taxes. Let's take our country's economy back! Sell more homes and impact your community with your skills!
I have become a huge skeptic when it comes to politics. Thus I expect the elections will, in actuality, have no impact on much of anything! However, the negativity leading up to the elections may have an effect. Negativity breeds negativity. I wish everyone would turn the television off and just get on with their lives. It's no longer news, folks, it's sensationalism, at its worst.
In many ways, politics is just another form of entertainment, like sports. No matter how excited or upset people are watching the news at home or arguing with their pals at work - when it comes down to the day-to-day living, people's behaviors are surprisingly apolitical.
Probably the same as every election, nothing that's discernible.
The public will need to develop confidence in the job market. The low interest rates are very attractive, but buyers need to believe they have job security, and the lenders need to be able to loan. If the elections instill confidence in earnings, it will help the housing market.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ