Market Conditions in Orlando>Question Details

Trulia Orlan…, Other/Just Looking in Orlando, FL

What impact do seasonal visitors have on real estate prices in Orlando?

Asked by Trulia Orlando, Orlando, FL Wed Mar 28, 2012

Answers

4
I believe they have a big impact. The fact that orlando is such a desired place to visit makes it even more desirable to own a vacation/second home here. With that being the case, more and more people are purchasing their "Get away Home" here which allows the market to continue to move. That's the way I see it anyways.

:)

Tony Galarza, Realtor/CEO
KG Realtor Group of Keller Williams Realty
407-429-2040
tony@kgrhomes.com
Let's say you mean the Orlando metro area and not the city of Orlando, which is actually pretty small.

Seasonal visitors get to know the theme parks and are thus familiar with the area and what it has to offer (or at least think they do). This results in increased demand for properties and simple economics says higher demand results in higher prices. How much higher? I doubt it's ever been measured.
Orlando is in Orange county and short term rental is not allowed in Orange county so I do not see seasonal visitor have much if any impact on home prices in Orlando. Now if we are to talk about Osceola County and north east Polk county then there may be some small impact in isolated well sought after homes. But in general buyers that are looking for a second or vacation home will not pay more than the prevailing market conditions suggest. Especially if they are working with a local agent who knows what is going on in the Disney vacation home area.
Our economy has become well-balanced and the seasonal adjustment appears to be minor.

Last year our busines month was in September.

Ray Levy