Market Conditions in Conway>Question Details

Johncwd, Other/Just Looking in 03818

What have prices on actual sold houses done in Conway, NH from 12 months ago?

Asked by Johncwd, 03818 Mon Jun 22, 2009

Answers

2
It depends a little on which segment of the market we are talking about. Residential homes in the under 250K range have still been losing about 1/2 to 1% per month for this past year. Higher price ranges (which have seen few sales) has probably been losing even more per month over the last year. The lower price ranges (up to 150+- range are starting to firm up. First time buyers programs are moving this market. It will be interesting to see what happens when tax credit ends in April and as interest rate climb. Land sales and new home construction are very slow. You can buy an existing home in a good location, in good condition for far less than one can buy a lot, put in well, septic, driveway etc and reproduce the house. I expect this sector will lag for the for seeable future. VAcation condos are getting hit hard too! They have been losing 1% per month and will likely do so for some time. Just too many offerings for the buyer population. Hope this helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 29, 2009
Hello John- I'm surprised nobody has answered this yet. I am a mortgage lender- and don't have access to the RE MLS system to get that info for you. I'd think any NH realtor would be happy to give you that info for free- and quite easily.
We actually have an office close to that way, and I am in Portsmouth. If you ever need a preapproval or have any financing questions. Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.